Job descriptionJob title: Strategic Accounts Associate, E-Commerce Division
- Reports to Director, E-Commerce & Digital Marketing
Job Summary: Our client is looking for a passionate, bright, and energetic digital candidate to join their team. The main responsibility of this role is the day-to-day execution and management of our client's digital wholesale strategic accounts, with prioritization of Amazon (Vendor Central, first party). Your main goal is to drive revenue growth on the platform. With guidance from the Director of E-Commerce & Omni, you will identify priorities and create a short- and long-term plan to grow brand awareness, sales, conversion, and marketing efforts. Your accountability will lie in understanding, reporting and reacting to the performance of the Amazon business by analyzing sales data to drive sales volume and shipments, while also recommending tactics to improve a digital customer experience and in turn, conversion. You’ll lead daily tactical operations of the business by tracking sales, site merchandising, strategizing promotions, collaborating on purchase order upkeep. Your main focus will be Amazon daily account management while directly working with Amazon Vendor Service contact to align on brand and product strategy, troubleshoot site issues, and partner to drive and meet sales goals. Together with marketing cross-functional partners, you’ll manage an agency relationship to support the brand in search and brand marketing on the Amazon platform. With your data-driven mindset and agency support, you build relevant online metrics to understand how we are performing and what is driving it. Based on your performance analyses and the running marketing calendar, you support the conversations with Amazon to ensure we are top of mind for new features, new betas, best promotion spots, etc. while supporting the Supervisor in managing the co-op budget. The role is centered around Amazon but not limited to, also managing Zappos.com with opportunity for additional strategic digital wholesale accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own the Amazon P&L for our client
- Achieves & exceeds monthly and annual sales goals, profitability targets, and KPI targets
- Identifies and communicates business opportunities regularly and shares valuable information and feedback with supervisor & team
- Ensure monthly updates to forecast and reconcile the plan
- Build strong relationships with Amazon, manages inventory and all creative assets and content to support business initiatives
- Grow account YoY to mature to anticipated revenue projections. In partnership with Supervisor, develop and implement an annual business plan (adjusted quarterly) Forecast and monitor gross and net sales, returns, and investment required from other departments (e.g., Marketing and Merchandising)
- Manage sales process start to finish including processing orders, tracking orders, and ensuring on-time deliveries
- Identify and present business opportunities with strategic insights and data for new business, pursue new opportunities, draft and evaluate proposals, and support with managing negotiations
- Analyze sales and business trends and maximize sales by collaborating with various teams inclusive of internal Merchant & Finance teams
- Provide weekly updates and analysis / progress of goals and KPI’s. Partner with appropriate team members as needed to support, drive & maximize sales
- With support of the Merchandising team propose and implement improved assortments to ensure most optimal and qualitative representation of the brand.
- Work alongside the Merchant & Marketing team to develop strong and creative business plans and work with Amazon to identify sales opportunities. Together deliver strong product launches and key trade animations.
- 3+ years’ E-commerce experience, preferred sales and/or planning position with proficiency in data analytics
- Site merchandising & Amazon Vendor Central experience preferred
- Intermediate skill level in Excel (Pivots, VLookup, SumIf functions etc.)
- Skilled at executing within tight timeframes with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage internal and external teams to bring team goals to fruition
- Finance accountability skills including P&L and wholesale shipment budget understanding
- Proven track record of delivering sales, margin, and market share targets