Job descriptionApparel Designer
Apparel Designer Overview:
Seeking Designer for Healthcare Apparel Division
Our client is looking for a highly creative, talented and deadline-driven Apparel Designer. The Designer will support the VP of Design in development and engineering of products to meet design vision. The ideal candidate will play an integral role in ensuring product integrity to meet customer expectations in a fast-paced manufacturing environment devoted to turning out high-quality products. They are looking for an individual who is not afraid to think beyond their scope and collaborate with the team to create an elevated brand aesthetic.
This is a hybrid role.
Apparel Designer Responsibilities:
- Research and interpret fashion, market trends and competitive product offerings to understand the over-all market and identify opportunities relevant to our industry.
- Engage in all aspects of design process from trend, concept, fabric sourcing, print /color (print design a plus), CAD sketch development for presentation while adhering to design calendar deadlines.
- Design seasonal and core product lines targeting goals and criteria defined in planning process.
- Discover, share, and apply insights from trend, market, field use, and consumer behavior.
- Prepare all necessary components for design presentations, such as decks, mood boards, trim/fabric boards, sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation.
- Function as key point of contact for design development, lab dips approvals, fittings, and sample management.
- Lead sample review sessions, provide recommendations, note feedback, and update sketches, as necessary.
- Present line to cross-functional partners and leadership team at key milestone meetings.
- Complete all aspects of development tech pack with speed and accuracy (technical sketch, fabric details, measurement spec, basic construction details).
- Maintain effective communication and relationships with all cross-functional teams to create a streamlined development process.
Apparel Designer Requirements:
- Degree in apparel design-related discipline or combination of relevant education and experience with 5-7 years apparel experience.
- Proficient in MS Office suite and Adobe Creative suite
- Understanding of PLM
- Expertise in apparel design, construction, fit and broad working knowledge of textiles
- Passion to design compelling products.
- Strong knowledge in garment construction.
- Ability to create, express, and apply design point of view to guide product direction.
- Compelling presentation skills across visual, written, and verbal forms to express design thought.
- Strong understanding of apparel market and trends.
- Expertise in apparel design, construction, fit and knowledge of textiles
- Performance apparel experience preferred.
- Strong eye for relevant and trend right product that aligns with brand aesthetic.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong decision-making and critical thinking skills while maintaining accurate/on-time results
- Must be able to develop and drive improvement initiatives independently.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Strong interpersonal collaboration skills to work with international cultures.