Job descriptionApparel Product Developer
Duration: 6 month
Location: Onsite at Tampa location
Duration: 6-month contract
Target start date is 2/28/23
Pay Rate: $30-35/hr
Awesome opportunity to work on apparel design! You'll report directly to their Senior Product Developer, and also work alongside a small team of designers. Apparel background is a must--they'll be working on knits, specifically NFL jerseys and NCAA as well. You should be comfortable owning your own projects and working well under tight deadlines and under pressure.
A HUGE plus would be knowledge of sewing (not being a sewer but knowing what is and isn't possible), and pattern experience.
As the Product Developer, you will utilize your knowledge related to product patterns, fit, and construction while working closely with design and merchandising to understand the creative vision of each project and translate concepts into product. You will work closely with all in-house teams, along with overseas vendors to ensure production. In Product Creation and Development, you will be involved in the first stages of creating new products, commercialization and getting them to the consumers. This involves everything from idea generation, materials and construction, materials sourcing, product testing and product confirmation.
• Develops product for assigned leagues within the channel of distribution
• Manage development projects from insights, through concepts, validation and into seasonal integrations in collaboration with project teams.
• Work with Design to proactively manage the styling, material and trim requirements relative to manufacturability, performance, quality, cost, lead-times and minimums.
• Maintain cost and master bill of materials during development process.
• Ensure the delivery and evaluation of quality lab dips/print strike-offs and communicate comments to vendor.
• Communicate information and any issues to all related internal parties as well as to overseas mills, agents, and manufacturers.
• International and domestic travel as required to achieve a high level of product and technology development, including visits to manufacturing facilities, R&D partners and consumers to assist in the creation, development, commercialization and integration of product.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an advanced ability to communicate new ideas, concepts and functional expertise within project teams and to external stakeholder
• Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
• Create strong team interaction with Merchandising, Design, Production, Planning, Materials Research, and Quality to ensure a coordinated and efficient process.
• Foster and maintain key partnerships with vendors.
• Create and maintain dashboarding of product development metrics for corporate transparency and executive review.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent in a related field
• 5-7 years relevant experience in apparel product development and management
• Technical knowledge of fabric, construction, and product engineering
• Knowledge of factory operations as they relate to costing and manufacturing limitations
• Experience working with vendors in Asia and South/Central America
• Understanding of apparel and raw material testing
• Understanding of supply chain logistics
• Familiar with industry standard development processes/procedures, quality standards and compliance regulations.