We are currently seeking a contract Art Buyer to join the Product and Design Team, with a focus on Music. This is an opportunity to have a direct impact on a team that continues to define the future of the company's core media products through thoughtful and innovative content and design initiatives. Art Buying unlocks the ability to partner, commission, and curate beautiful art, illustration, animation and other design work for the range of our products and platforms.
A bit about you
We are looking for someone with experience in partnering with creative teams and knows how to give shape to big ideas, knows how to bring them to life. Familiarity with the role of business affairs, legal, and art creation are a must. This role is ideal for someone who can plug themselves into a creative team, understand their needs and challenges, and deliver solutions that make sense for the audience, platform and budget in an ongoing way in a high stakes environment. Curation, knowing the artist landscape, understanding the illustration and art commission industry is big part of the function of art buying and it’s assumed to be part of your skillset.
• Experience working in a creative industry with independent and repped artists
• Extensive project budgeting and management experience
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive problem solving abilities to deal with challenging deadlines and priorities
• Able to anticipate change and react efficiently; comfortable with ambiguity
• Able to handle multiple tasks for multiple individuals
• Discretion in handling confidential materials and issues
• Excels under pressure, maintaining a calm demeanor
• Works well independently, and with a team
This contract position will have a hand in the concepting, commissioning, and delivery of artwork for the Music team globally, supporting teams in LA, UK and beyond. You will partner closely with members of the Design and Production teams.
More specifically, you will:
- Partner with designers and art directors on projects that may require an illustration or animation commission;
- Understand and execute NDAs, project services agreements, and deeply become familiar with the terms and usage associated with artwork created for our products;
- Stay active in the art, design and content creation community by staying on top of talent, agencies and industry trends and activity;
- Manage commissions from concept to delivery, negotiating scope, usage, terms and cost;
- Foster relationships with cross functional teams, to ensure that we’re delivering against asks while encouraging an environment that allows for innovation;
- Education BA/BS or equivalent experience
• Experience in editorial, content production, and/or design agency a must
• Art buying experience a plus
• 5+ years experience with business affairs, legal and an understanding of license and project agreements a plus