Our client is looking for a versatile art director who can:
- Think creatively and conceptually. We are only as good as our ideas.
- Work in close collaboration with writers and a broader team. Articulate and defend decisions. Take direction gracefully.
- Be original but also sometimes work within existing templates or approaches.
- Deftly and thoughtfully handle a wide range of deliverables, including campaign materials, video storyboards, web graphics, high-end direct mail pieces, photo editing, front-end web design, sales collateral, long-form guides and white papers, infographics and data visualization, strategy presentations and brand guidelines
- Roll up sleeves and do production-level work when needed.
- Review other’s work and provide specific, constructive suggestions.
- Present work. Everybody at the company is client facing. We share credit and glory.
- Anticipate project needs and proactively design for them. Develop expert knowledge of clients to help inform project opportunities and nurture client relationships.
- A self-starter, who demonstrates follow through from project initiation to final deliverable?
- 5+ years of experience as Art Director, directing and designing for clients or as part of an internal marketing team
- Professional portfolio
- Must be proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Google Slides with a working knowledge of PowerPoint and Sketch
- Video, animation and illustration skills a plus?
What’s it like to work here??We believe in putting people first. In co-creation. In collaboration with each other and with clients. We believe that telling great stories can change the world.?
Our team has worked from home since the beginning of the pandemic, and will continue to support a hybrid work-from-home culture. Once COVID restrictions ease, there will be instances where this role will need to meet in our physical office in Vancouver, Washington. We are looking for candidates who reside in Oregon or Washington.
$65,000 - $75,000
Our Client offers a competitive benefits package, including employer-paid health care coverage, Simple IRA with employer match and a generous time-off package. Our Talent and Culture team takes care of our employees in surprising ways each month. We’ll make sure you have the right tech and tools for the job, along with tasty snacks and virtual opportunities to connect and celebrate with co-workers.
A bit about us.
Our client is an independent, women-owned marketing agency founded in 1994. Our roots are in journalism, and these days we are known for award-winning design, groundbreaking editorial content and videos that bring superheroes to life. Our dedication to storytelling is the foundation for our expertise in B2B marketing, content strategy, employee engagement and corporate responsibility communications.
Our unique approach to compelling audiences is backed by 25 years of experience working in partnership with global leaders that include Charles Schwab, Johnson & Johnson, Nike, HP, lululemon, VMware and many more.