ABOUT THIS ROLE
The brand creative art director plays a key role on our energetic and fast-paced marketing team. This is a hands-on design role that is responsible for developing and driving the overall aesthetic and visual design direction for seasonal campaigns and brand creative. This is a hands-on role that will influence and lead a talented team of designers, and collaborate with cross-functional partners to deliver on a best-in-class customer experience and a flawless consumer journey. The brand creative art director is a strategic thinker that demonstrates solid experience in channel design with a focus on digital and retail, has an elevated design aesthetic, and has worked as a design leader either at an agency or internal brand creative team.
This individual is a is an outstanding designer, who focuses on high quality design experiences, has acute attention to detail, quickly grasps concepts and can see the “big picture.”
Design Execution of channel assets across a wide range of channels (ecom/mcom, app, email, organic social, paid media, retail and catalog/print).
In partnership with creative leaders, create art and design direction; typography treatments, color selection, layouts, and animations.
Ensure consistent execution across all assets. Inspire and contribute conceptual ideas while pushing the creative design.
Ensures that imagery is delivered within best practices and meets our brand’s guidelines and standards.
Create style guides and templates for use by other designers, and social content creators.
Leadership. Provide art direction to your team, assign projects and help them manage workload, as well as your own.
Partner with production to ensure schedules work for everyone.
Conducts regular touch bases with team.
Provide leadership, inspiration and coaching to a team of designers.
Communication/Collaboration Partner, collaborate with and take direction from creative leadership.
Collaborate cross-functionally to meet business goals and ensure designs implemented align with company's initiatives.
Leverage strategy, analytics and consumer insights.
Collaborates with designers, copywriters, art directors, prepress, brand and marketing teams, web developers, as well as trafficking team, to create, iterate and deliver creative assets.
Workflow/Process. Maintains cross-functional workflow processes and standards.
Reviews all digital assets before they go live, including site Q/A, emails, promos and banner ads.
Identifies opportunities to improve workflow and processes.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE
• BA in Graphic or Web Design
• 5-7 years art direction or design experience
• 2-3 years in design leadership
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• A master of typography and hierarchy
• Solid knowledge of digital media
• Depth of knowledge in designing content to support storytelling on key social platforms • Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop and thorough knowledge of the latest Adobe CC programs
• Highly proficient in Mac OSX (connecting to servers, organizing files, and sharing documents)
• Knowledge of optimization standards for GIFs and motions Graphics
• After Effects skills are a plus
• Working knowledge of XD and Keynote
• Knows how to optimize images and animations for various digital platforms
• Understands responsive design, how to design for various devices, viewports and retina.
• Has a sharp eye for design and elevated aesthetic
• Strong attention to detail and is organized
• Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks for yourself and your team
• Ensures quality control with a quick turnaround
• You’re a self-sufficient problem solver with a problem-solving mentality
• Experience working with project managers/producers on behalf of a team
• Proven background working cross-functionally across many teams and departments
• Ability to navigate ambiguity and fluid business priorities
• Possesses grace-under-pressure
• Excellent verbal and written communication style
• Must be friendly, motivated, and a team player
• Establishes rapport and collaborates easily with web developers
• Stays current on competitive landscape, including e-commerce, email marketing and social campaigns
• A strong understanding of marketing and storytelling principles