The Art Director directs and develops the creative design and execution of visual communications that convey and represent the organization’s marketing objectives to the consumer. The Director provides internal clients with
design standards, tools, and guidance on communicating corporate image and identity. The Art Director manages the art design and production of all company publications, signage, advertising, and branded materials. May engage
and manage freelance artists and designers on projects.
• Oversees a team of artists and designers to ensure projects are completed on time and to specifications.
• Delegates work and assignments to team members based on expertise, work experience and time
• Monitoring performance and initiating action to strengthen results.
• Translating corporate goals into functional and individual goals.
• Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
• Oversee the art department by training, assigning, scheduling, and mentoring staff
• Establish art department standards for production, productivity, quality, and client service
• Collaborate with marketing and sales divisions in creating marketing plans, aligning team priorities with
business objectives to deliver high-quality work on time and on budget
• Develop presentation approaches, styles, and techniques for the team to implement
• Analyze market trends, consumer need, and the competitive landscape; tracks campaign performance
• Work with the entire creative team to establish a unified brand understanding and voice for the company,
helming a creative audit to elevate our innovation
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, and active listening skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Thorough understanding of, or the ability to quickly learn about, the project or product being developed.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI):
• Quality of work from Design Team
• Executing Brand and Visual Standards
• Attention to Detail
• Produce initial drafts within 72 hours of acceptance
• Respond to review comments/recommendations
• Deliver complete document before or on agreed completion date/time
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• BA in related field, could include fine art, graphic design or similar discipline, required.
• 8+ years experience as a professional graphic designer with 4+ years of experience in a management role
• Proficiency with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite and inDesign
• Exceptional capability with typography, layout, and prototyping
• Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent
• Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives