Job description24 Seven is partnering with one of their top national children's wear clients to help them find an Art Director to join their team in this hybrid position. This is a full-time, direct hire role.
The Art Director is responsible for the development and execution of brand creative for eCommerce and marketing. The Art Director will work closely with the Creative and cross-functional teams to conceptualize, develop, implement, and maintain the brand identity through all channels. Help to direct photoshoots and works with Production team to ensure the concepts can be produced on time and on budget.
- Collaborate with Creative Director on the creative direction of seasonal campaigns Lead projects through the entire design process; from creative concept to photo art direction, to iteration of design concepts to finished assets
- Direct photoshoots from top to bottom, both in-house and off-site shoots; oversee and edit all assets.
- Work closely with the producer to organize all the details of photo shoots including advising on photographer, studio, location, set design, stylists, models, etc.
- Direct crew on set, ensuring successful execution of all creative assets
- Uphold the brand consistency and quality across projects by providing art direction and thoughtful critique to designers and freelancers
- Partner with copywriters to ensure brand creative and voice are strategically aligned
- Work closely with Marketing team and to ensure campaigns and initiatives achieve objectives
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including Design, Merchandising, and eCommerce to ensure consistent storytelling across all channels
- Communicate and distill conceptual ideas, presenting to internal cross-functional partners and leadership
- Lead the visual brand design for digital storytelling in web, brand emails, and social media
- Manage and mentor a team of digital designers, clearly communicating vision, ensuring effectiveness of team output and adherence to project demands
- Maintain and establish high creative standards
- 7+ years’ experience of art direction and/or visual design in retail industry
- Leadership experience managing and motivating a creative team
- Photo shoot experience
- Experience with eCommerce, organic social, and print; experience with catalogue a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic design or Web design (or an equivalent combination of knowledge and experience)
- Excellent creative and conceptualization skills
- Strong foundation in typography, layout, and design
- Superior project management skills, ability to prioritize, coordinate, communicate and adhere to strict production schedules.
- Advanced level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud programs, including but not limited to InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat.
- Experience with Lightroom a plus
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong ability to adapt to changing market conditions