Job descriptionOur client, a well know fashion retailer is looking for an Assistant Buyer. This role is a freelance 6 month contract.
Mon - Thurs in office in Downtown LA / Friday is remote.
Pay: $23 - $25/hr based on experience.
*Parking is not covered*
Office Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
The Assistant Buyer is a true learning role that allows you to build a foundation of merchant skills. As an Assistant Buyer, you will assist the buying team in advancing the business while learning key processes and providing operational support to your Buyer.
- Perform the administrative functions supporting the buying team, including purchase order management, while building foundational merchant skills
- Provide basic analysis of key business data and reporting, as directed by Buyer, including the monitoring of regional merchandise reports, Open-To-Buy, stock analysis and other ad hoc reports
- Develop effective relationships with vendors and appropriately interact with them to follow up on open business issues, as directed by Buyer
- Begin to effectively utilize the merchandising systems and understand warehouse process
- Develop and demonstrate basic product knowledge through sharing information with Buyer as a result of competitive shopping, shopping Ross Stores, and the market
- Ensure timely delivery of merchandise through communication with Buyer, merchant teams, and external vendors
- Support Buyers in preparation of key business meetings (i.e. vendor appointments, style-outs, assortment planning)
- You have a passion for product!
- You have a desire to learn, grow and engage
- You have an understanding and prior use of retail math
- You have a team player attitude
- You have a drive for results
- You are proficient in Excel
- You have a Bachelor's degree
- You are organized and pay attention to detail
- You are a strong communicator