Job description24 Seven is partnering with their top global sportswear client based in Portland, OR, to find an Assistant Marketing Manager to join the Affiliate Marketing team in this hybrid role of 3 days onsite. This is a 12-month contract, with potential to extend or turn into a full-time salaried position with benefits. While on contract, you'd be eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision, sick time, 401k and holiday pay.
The Assistant Manager of Affiliate Marketing will be hands-on, managing the day-to-day Affiliate Marketing and supporting the US business objectives to drive high quality traffic to the US web shop, with a clear focus on generating incremental revenue and ROI. This position will utilize Affiliate Marketing and Online Marketing expertise to develop a healthy and profitable channel focused on driving incremental sales. It is expected to contribute to our global best practice guidelines and standards with original input from the key US market.
This role will have a primary focus on eCommerce revenue and will also connect with Brand Marketing and other US based colleagues to fully exploit all opportunities in driving profitable incremental channel growth in the US. Together with the broader US eCommerce Marketing team and the Global Online Marketing team, this position will help position this team as a US based center of excellence, educating and supporting internal stakeholders.
• Manage day-to-day Affiliate Marketing activities with partners/networks to meet channel KPIs and customer acquisition goals, definition of the Affiliate Marketing calendar (closely aligned to the local Marketing Activation calendar) and optimization of the campaigns
• Responsible for top and bottom line growth of our affiliate program to achieve incremental sales, ROI and total contribution goals. Manage a sizeable media budget.
• Manage day-to-day Affiliate Marketing internal operations to ensure timely activation, placement coordination, program term accuracy, and payments
• Establish long-term effective relationships with our key affiliate publishers
• Proactively look for new opportunities with new or existing affiliate partners
• Work cross-functionally with Merchandising, Online Marketing, Marketing Activations and Analytics teams to create synergies and explore and exploit opportunities to tell our priority Brand stories, drive acquisition, and evolve our app space.
• Dig into channel data to drive testing, reporting, optimization and analysis on affiliate marketing performance to identify key levers and opportunities for improvements
• Contribute to the development of the US eCommerce affiliate marketing strategy
• Work closely with the Global Online Marketing team and the European Affiliate & B2B Managers in order to share best practices and apply learnings from other markets around the globe
• Work closely with the US Paid Search & SEO teams in order to avoid (PPC) fraud and SEO conflicts through the affiliate channel
• Analyze current processes continuously and seek opportunities to automate, where possible, to improve the efficiency of the affiliate channel
• KPIs: affiliate marketing incremental revenue and ROI
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Creative in exploring new opportunities in order to drive more incremental sales through the affiliate marketing channel
• Brand enthusiast who understands where should create online buzz
• Ability to effectively manage 3rd party external agencies & other partners
• A solid network in the affiliate marketing industry is beneficial
• Experience with web analytics and ad-serving platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics and DoubleClick Campaign Manager).
• Analytical, logical and data driven
• Motivated by testing and learning, evolving and improving the channel, and building your own channel knowledge and experience
• An interest in exploiting technology (feeds, scripts and the like) to automate and scale key processes
• Experience and interest in managing and motivating others, both directly and indirectly
• An interest in working with internal stakeholders and external agencies to establish efficient and scalable processes
• Strong English language (written and verbal) communication skills
• Good relationship building skills; an ability to create rapport
• Strong time management, planning and organizational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
• Advanced computer skills, proven experience in Excel
• Bachelor or Masters degree required, 3-5 years in ecommerce and 1-2 years online marketing experience (acquired either agency, network or client side)
• Affiliate marketing experience is beneficial, but not required. Strong analytical and commercial skills are the priority.