MUST BE AVAILABLE TO START IN JUNE - WILL BE REQUIRED TO TRAVEL TO ITALY AND EITHER CALIFORNIA OR FLORIDA FOR TRAINING PURPOSES DURING THIS TIME!
STORE IS SLATED TO OPEN IN EARLY SEPTERMBER!
Our client specializes in luxury goods such as apparel, home décor, accessories, and more.
The Assistant Store Manager assists the Store Manager in all aspects of store operations, visual merchandising, and customer service. A strong leader with an ability to drive sales through excellent customer service skills, strong visual presentation, and a full understanding of the business. Also playing a key role in recruiting, hiring, training and development of all store staff and to ensure long-term business growth in accordance with company philosophy and established policies and procedures. Assume the responsibilities of the Store Manager in his/her absence. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meet personal and store sales goals
• Assist in the tracking, monitoring, and communication of business results
• Ensure an elevated level of sales and service is practiced by all associates; lead by example
• Continue to develop personal sales techniques and assist in the development of associates’ sales techniques to maximize sales
• Ensure all sales related policies and procedures are maintained
• Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the merchandise, and develop product knowledge among selling staff
• Maintain a keen interest in the fashion industry and market trends
• Ensure all associates provide the highest level of customer service
• Build and maintain repeat clientele by utilizing personal client book and assisting staff with utilizing their client books
• Resolve all client problems and complaints quickly and effectively
• Assist sales associates with various customer service issues (i.e. dissatisfied customers, returns, defective merchandise)
• Collaborate with store manager in areas of risk management, physical security, store cash controls, and inventory management
• Support and assist in staff training in all areas of appropriate register usage and maintenance • Understand and properly execute all management register functions
• Participate in Annual Inventory and Cycle Counts • Understand and execute cash control procedures including: bank deposits, safe funds, petty cash
• Assist in the implementation and maintenance of all merchandising/ visual directives
• Ensure the selling floor is neat, clean, organized and reflects the correct visual image at all times
• Ensure deliveries are properly processed in a timely manner • Identify and communicate product concerns in a timely manner
• Communicate inventory needs to support the business goal
• Assist in training and development of staff
• Continually evaluate the performance of each associate and provide constant feedback to ensure results
• Support and provide follow-up for all training programs, seminars etc.
• Ensure Presentation & Wardrobe standards are professional, reflective of the brand image and adhered to at all times
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred Experience
• Minimum 5 years retail experience with 2 years retail management within luxury segment
• Experience working with international brands is a plus Licenses/Certifications: N/A Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Extremely strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to meaningfully interact with retail stores and HQ points of contact
• Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, ever changing environment