Job descriptionAssistant Technical Designer
Our client is a celebrated authority in the design and manufacturing of contemporary ready-to-wear, outerwear, and leather clothing. The company is known for its popular brands which are featured in major retailers including Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Macy’s, Urban Outfitters, and more.
Assistant Technical Designer Overview:
As the Assistant Technical Designer, you will support all aspects of technical design to ensure accuracy of product measurements, quality, construction, and fit.
Assistant Technical Designer Responsibilities:
•Assist with documenting all garment components, including fit, fabric, construction, stitch, and trim
• Spec and measure garments accurately to identify any fit issues and execute fit comments efficiently to remain on schedule with production
• Participate in fit sessions, provide recommendations, note call-outs, and log critiques to accurately and efficiently address all issues
• Prepare samples for production after a thorough evaluation of fit, measurement, pattern shaping, hanger appeal, and functionality
• Update tech packs
Assistant Technical Designer Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 1-3 years of technical design experience
• Proficient with Adobe Illustrator