Job descriptionAssistant Technical Designer (Intimates)
Client Overview: Leading Intimate Apparel company searching for an assistant to our Intimate Apparel Technical Design team.
Position Overview: The Technical Design Assistant is responsible for assisting the Technical Design team with the successful delivery of garment fit, pattern, construction & measurement specifications from development through production for all in-house, licensed & private label brands.
Assistant Technical Designer Responsibilities:
· Help oversee fit development & production from 1st proto to fit to PP to TOP samples.
· Measure garments, create & revise graded specs, update NGC (PLM system) with fit comments, take & organize fit photos (on model) and various other department related tasks.
· Assist in the development of tech packs (POM) based on sketches and/or samples from designers.
· Track & manage samples via PLM calendar to ensure deadlines are met & products are approved on time.
· Learn to identify and resolve fit & construction issues through garment fittings (on models) and make pattern corrections.
· Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers & Technical Design team members to ensure all information is correctly updated in a timely manner.
Assistant Technical Designer Qualifications:
· 0-2 years’ experience in technical design/patternmaking – Intimate Apparel a plus (women’s & kids - bras, panties, shapewear, etc)
· Basic understanding of fitting, grading, garment construction & patternmaking
· Knowledge of Patternmaking software a plus (Optitex)
· Experience working with overseas and domestic vendors.
· Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
· Fast-paced working style, highly organized, detail oriented & a team player.
· Proficient with MS Office (Excel/Outlook), Illustrator (garment sketching) & PLM system.
· Bachelor's degree required.