Job descriptionAssociate Designer, Men's Golf and Sportswear
Client Overview: Driven by innovation, our client was founded in 2001 to build better golf apparel. A continued and concentrated focus on the player and what they desire is what inspires our products. Their visionary thinking is fused with proprietary manufacturing processes to create the world’s most technical and versatile apparel. From start to finish, an emphasis on fit, playability and performance.
Position Overview: The Associate Designer will work on all aspects of the product lifecycle from concept to final development with direction from the Design Director, whom this role reports into.
Associate Designer Responsibilities:
• Daily email communication with overseas fabric mills, factories and offices.
• Review lab dips, communicate comments clearly to overseas vendors, keep lab dip records organized.
• Flat sketch Men’s & Women’s sportswear/activewear styles in Adobe Illustrator (cut & sew knits, wovens, outerwear, sweaters).
• Re-color and develop prints, patterns, and pitchsheets in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop.
• Create tech packs, input design detail sketches & material information into Gerber Yunique PLM system.
• Daily interaction with Merchandising team to address urgent developments.
• Help maintain & organize the design area.
• Keep clear records of all design development: fabrics, color, prints, trims, reference tears, etc.
• Keep proto samples organized.
• Travel to yearly PGA Show, seasonal sales meetings, assist with showroom set up and presentations.
• Market awareness, shop stores in NYC and on-line.
Associate Designer Qualifications:
• Proficiency in: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, PLM (knowledge of Gerber Yunique, specifically, is a plus), Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel.
• Strong color sense and the ability to clearly communicate color corrections.
• Knowledge of fabric types, dye and print methods, trim materials.
• Strong fashion and creative ability. Keen trend and competitor awareness.
• Passion for creating elevated sportswear & activewear. Excellent design and sketching skills.
• Strong organizational skills & ability to manage multiple tasks independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to work well with multiple team members and cross-functional areas.
• Positive team player attitude, with an ability to think critically and problem solve.
• Sense of urgency and accountability, driven by a strong work ethic and an ability to complete tasks on time.
• 3-5 years experience working in a design or product development team with cross-functional communication.
• Knowledge of multiple product categories encouraged, from cut & sew knits, wovens, sweaters, bottoms, and outerwear.