Our agency client in Chicago is seeking an Associate Manager, SEO to join their team on a fulltime basis, starting immediately. This role will ideally be located in Chicago, for candidate to go in-office on a hybrid model, however the client is open to remote for the right candidate.
he SEO Associate Manager will be responsible for managing either one or two large accounts composed of multiple business units and stakeholders and/or numerous smaller accounts covering a diverse set of clients and goals. As part of this role, the AM will represent the final owner for all SEO channel strategy and client performance within their respective portfolios. They will also usually manage a team, but this will vary depending on client needs. While the manager would be focused on SEO, they would also likely oversee different types of channels, such as PPC or Social.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of SEO tactical channel experience, possess a strong understanding of channel strategy and goals, as well as have superior skills managing client risk and human capital. They will be held fully accountable working through their teams to effectively drive organic strategy through the account management teams, manage any client/team risk, and hit all respective client goals across their portfolios.
The Associate Manager, SEO Will:
- Working through their teams to set client strategy while empowering direct reports to deliver on client business goals
- Training new direct reports basic and advanced SEO (on-site SEO, keyword research, technical SEO, and more)
- Employing a mix of channel innovation, process improvement, and/or tactical management in order to mitigate any internal/external risks to their respective teams
- Understanding their respective portfolios and client stakeholders to push strategic account growth initiatives
- Working with the Account Team and directly with clients in order to understand and drive toward goals, such as increasing organic traffic and conversions
- Learning other digital marketing channels if needed
• The The Associate Manager, SEO MUST HAVE/BE:
- 3-5 years of SEO specific experience, additional PPC experience is a plus
- Advanced level understanding of SEO tactics including keyword strategy, on-site SEO, internal and external link analysis, technical SEO, and Local SEO
- Experience with Screaming Frog, Oncrawl (or other technical tools), Google Search Console, Google Analytics, ranking platforms, and more SEO tools
- Demonstrated experience managing SEO strategy for a large dedicated client and/or 5+ partially dedicated accounts while being held to strict client goals
- Demonstrated experience developing, managing, and scaling a team
- Significant experience with Excel
- Excellent presentation and written/verbal communication skills
If you are interested in and qualified for this role, please forward your resume today!