Our client, a leading action sports brand, is looking for an Associate Planner to join their team fulltime. The role is onsite in Costa Mesa.
This Associate Planner is responsible for creating sales plans, managing inventory, analyzing sales trends, and submitting month budgets.
Essential Functions (Including but not limited to):
• Develop monthly sales, margin, and inventory plans across several brands.
• Work with wholesale sales teams to evaluate sales history and develop plans.
• Reforecast sales, margin, receipts and inventory on a monthly basis, or as needed.
• Submit monthly re-forecasted budgets and end of month reports.
• Manage and control inventory stock levels and receipts to ensure there is inventory to support sales plan.
• Identify inventory risks and opportunities.
• Monitor open orders versus sales plan and receipts.
• Perform any other duties as assigned in support of the company needs and operations.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of experience in a Planning or Buying role.
• Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office (advanced Excel).
• Advanced understanding of retail math.
• Excellent written and verbal skills as required for effective interpersonal communication with clients and other employees.
• Strong ability to analyze and interpret data and draw valid conclusions that show understanding and insight.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively under critical time frames and work on multiple assignments.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and workload seamlessly with keen attention to detail and follow-up.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment and ability to apply good work habits to effectively complete assigned tasks and contribute to the smooth operation of the company/department.