Associate Product Developer
We have an exciting new opening with our client in the fashion industry. As an Associate Product Developer, you will be working alongside the Director of Design and Technical Design Manager to develop high quality and sustainable clothing for both men and women.
- Track and prepare prototypes.
- Measure and send comments to upper management for approval.
- Be in constant communication with vendors to ensure projects are progressing on schedule.
- Update and construct sketches in Illustrator.
- Coordinate fit model and wear-testing sessions.
- Identify potential construction, quality, and fit issues.
- Collaborate with the design team on selecting and developing trims for all styles.
- Create and maintain all packaging materials.
- Organize and maintain samples, fabric, and trim.
- Other projects as needed, such as bulk fabric approvals.
- BA, BA, AA, or Certification in Apparel Design or related field
- 2+ years of relevant apparel experience
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel.
- Backbone experience a plus
- Technical knowledge of fit and apparel construction techniques.
- Detail orientated, highly motivated self-starter with the ability to think strategically and problem solve creatively.
- Able to prioritize workload and make decisions efficiently under pressure.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.