Job descriptionOUR CLIENT IS A FAST GROWING COLOR COSMETIC MASS MARKET BRAND! THEY ARE LOOKING FOR A STRONG ASSOCIATE LEVEL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER WHO IS BASED IN LA!
This role will be responsible for the development and management of new products to achieve a timely, productive flow of innovative, profitable new product lines coming to market throughout the year. The Associate Product Development Manager will help develop and execute brand plans for product and packaging development and help oversee the life-cycle a product from its initial planning through to its launch. The successful candidate will also need to be incredibly organized, flexible, adaptability and able to change direction at short notice in a fast paced and exciting environment.
• Help to manage product development projects from ideation to production approvals
• Follow the development steps and timelines to identify commencement of tasks and ensure on-time and in-full delivery of the products
• Track milestones and communicate status reports/project milestones to team members.
• Ability to evaluate formulas and provide feedback on product experience
• Draft and issue the product briefs to the vendors.
• Manage relationships with packaging vendors and other external vendors to ensure high-quality and timely execution of product launches
• Meet cost of goods targets while ensuring quality of package and effective formula with lasting performance developed to meet desired consumer claims
• Evaluate market trends and suggest new product development or changes to the existing product line.
• Monitor current trends and competition within the beauty industry.
• Take every opportunity to Identify new products and category opportunities for the company.
• Coordinate and collaborate with related internal teams to research new products and enhance existing products.
• Coordinate with operations and QC teams to ensure proper supply chain management of your assigned category products.
• Draft and issue the product briefs to the Labs
• Ability to evaluate formulas and provide feedback on product experience.
• Must have min 3-6 years of beauty industry product development experience. NO EXCEPTIONS
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and work independently and as part of a Team. Confidently make timely, effective fact-based decisions.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, decision making skills with an ability to work across business functions at all levels.