Our client, a well-known ad agency, is looking for an Associate Strategy Director to join their Los Angeles team. They are looking for someone that keeps things honest, provocative, and true from start to brief to launch and beyond. This role is Hybrid with offices located in Playa Vista. Vaccination required.
Here’s what that looks like:
- Manage the day-to-day planning needs in an independent, autonomous manner with guidance from group planning directors
- Demonstrate success facilitating the strategic creative process, including insight gathering, audience understanding and creative brief development
- Create, manage, and implement sound research to lead and support the strategic creative process
- Inspiring the team to more effective and culturally relevant work; leading most day-to-day strategic initiatives and discussions with their client and C\D peers.
- Actively engage in cracking smart, disruptive, effective creative strategies, and ideas – taking mutual responsibility for the strategic & creative performance of your brand(s).
- Recommend strategies for growth and development
- Provide energy, support, ideas, and inspiration for your team
- Works with clients to formulate better briefs and tasks
- Build a relationship with clients that is positive and productive
- Zoom in on the details and zoom out to see the big picture
- Be a player and a coach – no one is above doing the work
- Be the one doing the pushing – of the teams, the clients, the work
- Ensure your hit-rate is high and your work is exemplary. Good enough is no longer enough.
What You'll Do:
- Land unique and provocative brand repositioning that set the stage for disruptive work
- Be the distiller who can transform the beautiful collaborative mess into an inspiring and brave brand strategy/charter/disruption road map that unlocks creative and commercial growth for brands brand visionary
- Uncover truly amazing creative ideas and frame strategic opportunities for creatives to do their best work in the agency
- Guide research initiatives and partner with clients to ensure research and
- testing initiatives support the agency’s work
- 5-7+ years’ experience in advertising, marketing or related field demonstrating creative work or qualitative research and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Evidence of working on developing successful brands and delivering them to market
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and written communication skills
- Power-user skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Keynote and Google Apps
- Familiarity with a wide range of research and intelligence sources
- Strong youth culture or sports performance brand experience preferred
- Played competitive sports in high school or college
Please send your resume!