Our client, a well-known agency located in Chicago, is looking to bring on a Fulltime Automation Manager to their growing team, starting immediately. This candidate can be completely remote!
The Automation Manager is a senior member of the Compliance team. The Automation Manager is primarily responsible for strategizing across multiple projects and handling the day-to-day management of the Automation team. This includes driving the update schedule for automation tests to promote efficiency, innovation, organization, and proper documentation that allows for the continuous improvement of the quality of our work across a wide portfolio of clients.
Reporting directly to the Director of Compliance, the Automation Manager acts as a liaison for the QA and AT teams to internal stakeholders, including the Project Management, Creative, and Development teams. They act as both a lead and an advocate, helping scope project work and optimizing the project workflow for the AT team.
Additionally, the Automation Manager is a client-facing role, acting as a liaison for the team to provide insight from the AT perspective for projects during relevant meetings, kick-offs, and throughout the project’s lifecycle.
Automation Manager Responsibilities:
The Automation Manager provides guidance, mentorship, and direction to QA Engineers to ensure that our custom-developed client websites and applications are compliant with strict design, functional, and content requirements. They also utilize their skill set and insight to continuously improve the way the Automation team works while developing the QA Engineers’ professional skills and growth within the company.
- Provide guidance, best practices, and mentorship to QA Engineers
- Recognize, analyze, and assist in the resolution of process challenges
- Support scoping across projects to equally distribute work for the automation team, and formulate and maintain timelines, while communicating with senior team members
- Communicate with Project Managers and clients regarding timelines, resources, and risks
- Work closely with the Automation Lead to review and analyze new projects and project features, plan automated testing, and prioritize tasks and assignments
- Build and follow testing plans by translating client requirements into actionable tasks
- Work closely with the Compliance Director and Quality Assurance Manager to ensure alignment on automation (AT) initiatives
- Research and stay abreast of new trends, tools, opportunities, and practices in AT, engaging and collaborating with the Development team as needed
- Analyze process gaps around new and existing initiatives, launches, and/or updates with a focus on finding solutions and defining best practices
- Assist the Quality Assurance Manager with maintaining and improving team dynamics across disciplines
- Respectfully collaborate with other QA disciplines in an Agile-oriented environment, ensuring team-wide understanding of processes and day-to-day operations
- Review work of other AT team members
- Establish and maintain documentation to keep AT procedures and practices up to date, delegating updates to internal guides, flows, and decks to QA Engineers as needed
- Assist in distributing client and internal automation work among QA Engineers and helping QA Engineers develop skills to optimize the team’s workload balance, time management, and efficiency
- Provide QA insight during client calls to help scope and set reasonable project expectations
- Other duties as assigned
Automation Manager Qualifications:
- 2–5 years time spent working in an automation-focused leadership role
- Experience with a QA or Dev team a plus
- 2+ years of progressive experience showing the potential for growth in leadership while fostering overall team development
- Agency environment experience preferred
- Excellent time management
- Ability to problem-solve, improvise, and make quick decisions
- Curious, always willing to explore new ideas
- Collaborative team player
- Web UI automation testing and Git
- Nightwatch (Selenium), JS, Node, Jenkins, Docker, Git, GitLab, GitLab CI
- GitLab Issues, Jira, Confluence, Google Docs, BrowserStack, Slack
- Adobe Acrobat
If you are interested in and qualified for this role, please forward tour resume and portfolio today!