Job description24 Seven is partnering with our sportswear client to find them an Automation Technician to join their team this Spring in this exciting opportunity on a remarkable team. Please see brief description below:
- This person needs to be on-site in Beaverton, Oregon 3 days a week.
- The Engineering and Manufacturing group is looking for a highly motivated and qualified individual to join the Automation Engineering team in the role of Automation Technician.
- The Automation Technician works with a team of engineers to deliver custom proof-of-concept devices supporting new automated manufacturing process development.
- Expectations to deliver solutions quickly ensures fast-paced and challenging work.
- Success depends on ability to be a self-starter and work well in an environment of ambiguity across a wide variety of machine designs.
• Take direction from team members when making or building machine prototypes.
• Collaborate with engineers to correct any design issues found during part making and assembly.
• Perform functional testing on prototype machines and troubleshoot when problems are found.
• Assist team members on other tasks related to the machine prototype creation process.
• Provide support to other teams when high-priority or business-critical response is needed.
• High School Diploma or equivalent and minimum 3 years relevant work experience.
• Bachelor of Science degree +1-year experience or Technical Associates degree with +2 years’ experience.
• Ability to use common machine tools, such as drill presses, basic hand tools, and measurement instruments such as calipers and micrometers
• Have strong fabrication skills especially with metals and plastics
• Ability to use CAD (Solidworks) to create mechanical part models for jig and fixture fabrication
• Basic understanding of robotic control systems and PLC programming
• Be a creative and active problem solver
• Have a strong attention to detail
• Ability to take direction from team members and work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to handle multiple competing project simultaneously
• Ability to work in a team environment with short project deadlines
• Ability to perform to physical duties in relation to job including lifting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, twisting
• Ability to lift tools, parts and various equipment (up to 50lb) is required