We are currently seeking a Data Analyst to join our growing team! In this role, you will be responsible for providing key insights to the operations and marketing teams to aid in strategy creation. You will design and run data analytics experiments that answer key strategic business questions our team needs to solve as we grow. You will also create and maintain dashboards that track KPIs for our management team to monitor how our business metrics change over time.
The ideal candidate has strong quantitative reasoning skills and can inform the team of possible biases in any analysis that might affect management decision-making. You’ll work on a variety of exciting challenges across marketing, operations, finance, retention, and more. We seek out colleagues who are curious, kind, proactive, and will challenge one another at every turn. You should be motivated to help build a brand that inspires families to make special memories.
- Own and drive the analytics roadmap for Marketing and promote data-based decision making across the organization
- Develop tools for cross-functional reports, across all channels, that demonstrate data-driven insights
- Dive into our platform and data warehouse to answer questions about user behavior for key stakeholders
- Provide data and insights for weekly reports with key KPIs and metrics to evaluate the performance of live initiatives and recommend tactical pivots
- Develop smart and insightful dashboards and reports tracking performance across channels to promote data-driven decision-making and optimize conversion
- Forecast performance across all channels based on historical data and growth trends
- Lead continuous, data-based improvement of all digital marketing and onsite activities via A/B testing and behavioral analysis
- Provide deep-dive analyses and handle ad-hoc queries on a broad range of critical questions
- Leverage data from multiple sources and consolidate to provide insights on key business trends and metrics
- Consolidate information (from internal and agency sources) to provide a clear and consistent view of the marketing performance of initiatives
- Connect marketing initiatives against performance-based metrics (ie: sales lift) compare against goals and derive key insights across channels.
- Analyze customer retention lifecycle
- Research industry benchmarks, best practices, and historic trends to provide insights into the effectiveness of the marketing mix including audiences, channels, and content, and make recommendations for optimizing the mix
- 3+ years of experience in analytics/business intelligence required, with a preference for this experience in a fast-paced / start-up environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or equivalent exposure to a quantitative domain
- Proficiency in SQL and at least one analytics platform (Tableau, Looker, Domo, etc.). Specific Power BI (DAX/M) is a plus
- Demonstrated experience using Google Analytics and at least one other advanced analytics platform (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Apache Superset, Supermetrics) – certifications are a plus
- High-level understanding of analytical concepts like funnel optimization, user segmentation, cohort analyses, time series analyses, regression models, etc.
- Practical experience in data manipulation and visualization techniques.
- Familiarity with statistical concepts related to experiment design, hypothesis testing, and predictive modeling.
- The insight to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way.
- The determination to initiate and lead projects to completion in a start-up environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is required
- Familiarity with Shopify, Klavyio, Attentive (or similar ESPs), and leading CDP platforms including Simon and Segment
- Programming experience in Python or R
- Prior experience with database and model design and segmentation techniques
- Experience using machine learning techniques to build predictive models