Job description24 Seven is partnering with their lifestyle apparel and footwear client to find them a Brand Planning Analyst to join their team. This is a full-time, salaried role with excellent benefits. The ideal candidate will be located along the West Coast or close to work PST hours and travel if/when needed to the Santa Barbara area.
Ideal Candidate: 2+ years working on brand planning analysis and/or merchandising analysis and/or merchandise planning and/or demand planning for a large corporation (apparel/footwear preferred) or agency background. High proficiency in Excel is needed.
The Analyst, Brand Planning, Strategy, & Operations is a key member of the Brand Planning team who supports the major functions of global merchandise financial planning (MFP), go-to-market (GTM) process execution, financial reporting, and data analysis of product performance. The role is critical in providing cross-functional support to the team by serving as a partner to unlock data insights, which drive decision making against strategic and operational plans. The Analyst is a creative problem solver capable of navigating a remote, global, multi-channel, matrix organization focused on delivering business objectives.
• Manage the global Brand Planning product reporting suite including seasonal product range plans, global wholesale demand plan, regional direct-to-consumer (DTC) sales plans, product pricers, and other category analysis reports
• Drive analysis of product performance at the category-level and measure key performance indicators (KPIs) against targets set in the MFP: sales, SKU count, productivity, margin, etc.
• Continuously improve templates, tools, presentations, and processes used for global and regional merchandise financial planning, global range planning, and financial reporting
• Partner with Data & Analytics teams to improve Brand Planning data management, analysis, and reporting capabilities by leveraging data visualization tools such as Tableau and utilizing the Analytics team’s expertise in python programming and other coding languages
• Work with Brand Product and Costing teams to perform product margin and retail pricing modelling scenarios. The goal is to ensure price architecture is on par with the market and capable of delivering financial sales and margin targets across the entire product assortment.
• Provide strong support of Brand Planning product reporting suite to the user groups
Who You Are
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis on financial or business analysis
• Minimum 2 years of footwear and/or apparel merchandising concepts and operations with an understanding of key financial analysis
• Business knowledge of apparel and/or footwear merchandising concepts and operations preferred
• Proactive, self-starter with high attention to detail and data accuracy
• Highly proficient in Microsoft applications especially Excel & PowerPoint
• Familiarity, knowledge, and understanding of metrics and calculations used in the retail industry
• Ability to remotely support and interact effectively with multi-functional stakeholders in matrix organization
• Solution-oriented mindset approach to problem-solving
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate, influence, and communicate clearly with both peers and leadership
• Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau and merchandise planning systems preferred
• Ability to work with large amounts of data, distill key drivers, summarize, and communicate conclusions
• Demonstrated organizational skills, self-motivated and focused on meeting deadlines, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
What Our Client Will Give You
• Competitive Pay and Bonuses - We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
• Financial Planning and wellbeing - No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
• Time away from work - Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
• Extras, discounts and perks - Being a valued member of our client's team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
• Growth and Development - Our client was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
• Health and Wellness - There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.