Job descriptionTitle: Business Affairs Specialist
Type: 12+ Month contract, 40 hours per week
Location: Hybrid NYC, 3 days per week onsite mandatory
Pay Rate: $87.67/hr - $115.56/hr
We are seeking to add to our team an exceptional, ambitious, and creative individual to provide business affairs support. This is a contract position located in New York City.
• 5+ years relevant experience in business affairs or at a major news organization handling licensing or other rights-related work
• Experience working with talent releases, production agreements, location releases; experience with digital distribution and marketing issues, including social; and a deep understanding of copyrights, trademarks, and other IP concepts
• Legal experience is a plus
• Outstanding negotiation and communication skills
• Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively on cross- functional teams
• Sound judgment, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to handle a variety of matters at once in a fast-paced environment
• Must possess a deep understanding of a variety of apps, along with the wider ecosystem of consumer products and services
The Product & Design Business Affairs team is responsible for ensuring that the third-party content featured across various Products is properly cleared for use and is brand-appropriate. In this role, you will be responsible for creative initiatives featured on many apps, working closely with production teams as well as dedicated legal counsel, and you will negotiate with third parties to secure appropriate approvals and licenses as needed. This position will be high- profile, fast-paced, and will require flexibility, attention to detail, and dedication to ensuring that these deliverables match the exceptional consumer experience of other initiatives.
The successful candidate is passionate about the consumer experience on apps, is adept at issue-spotting, and is equally comfortable working with creatives as they are working with internal legal counsel. Education BS/BA required.