Business Development Manager
Our Client is the expert source for trends and insight. They uncover trends, predict change, and provide the intelligence that gives businesses a true understanding of their audience, and helping them prosper. They partner with brands including Starbucks, Apple, BBC, PepsiCo, Panasonic and more – to understand the attitudes and behaviors of their consumers, the products, and services they’re using, and how they engage with the world around them.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for taking the lead in the development of new business opportunities that support the clients’ trends intelligence growth strategy. The role will suit someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for trends and a proven track record of sales success.
The Business Development Manager Key responsibilities:
- Generate revenue through selling products and services into different industry verticals against set monthly and quarterly targets
- Research and develop relevant leads to contact using your own network, research capabilities and clients’ internal CRM
- Understand a business’ development, innovation and growth needs and pitch products as a solution to those needs.
- Research, establish and build influential relationships with client decision makers at management and C-suite levels
- Maintain consistent sales growth by continuously establishing new accounts
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, & distribution channels Attend conferences, events and professional association meetings to promote clients’ product solutions
- Track and record sales activity in Salesforce and review performance vs targets regularly
The Business Development Manager Key characteristics:
- Proven experience as a business development or sales professional, driven by getting results
- Energetic and charismatic storyteller with the ability to bring content and solutions to life
- Proven track record of generating new business sales and hitting targets
- Experienced and commercially savvy solution-seller with minimum 5-10 years b2b sales experience
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Resilient self-starter, sales “hunter” able to work in a team and autonomously
- Experience working in a CRM, ideally Salesforce
- Prior experience with sales enablement tools like Gong, Outreach.io and Zoominfo a plus