Job descriptionThe purpose of the Buyer/Planner position is responsible for the purchasing of finished goods, marketing collateral and components for core business, new product launches and inventory replenishment. The Buyer/Planner creates and maintains Purchase Orders and Bills of Materials in the ERP system and tracks the deliverables in a detailed Open Order Report. The position is responsible to ensure the inventory meets the company safety stock requirements and requests order improvement as see fit. They will oversee inventory and initiate transfers of finished goods to the company distribution centers based on months on hand requirements. They work with the other buyers, the Supply Chain Manager, and the Executive Director of Supply Chain to ensure yearly department goals are met.
THIS ROLE IS HYBRID IN IRVINE, CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Procurement of finished goods, components, marketing collateral.
• Negotiate product pricing and payment terms.
• Maintain the ERP system with inputs received during each call, including status updates, component clear and dispatch date expectations.
• Evaluate MRP plan and demand shifts to ensure supply plan meets demand requirements. Execute expedite and / or deferral requests with vendors to satisfy customer needs and inventory targets.
• Generate and implement cost reduction opportunities to meet annual cost savings objectives.
• Participate in defining aligned and documenting processes that support the Procurement best practices.
• Support Vendor Scorecards by providing feedback on service, quality, innovation, safety, and communication for each supplier.
• Maintain optimal packaging material inventory levels through the correct use of planning and inventory parameters.
• Track inventory levels at the DC as well as the distribution centers.
• Review new transfer recommendation to each distribution center and submit transfer for approval.
• Track new product transitions to ensure obsolete inventory is minimal during reformulations or new product launches.
• Review and issue transfers from storage location to the main DC based on inventory requirements.
• Participate in the implementation of Demand Works related to the inventory planning side.
• Provide inventory analysis as needed.
• Adhere to KPI’s to measure and improve the effectiveness of planning organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
An Associate’s degree or a high school diploma (or equivalent) with minimum five (5) years of purchasing experience (cosmetics/wellness/pharmaceutical industry) is required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. The employee must have a deep understanding of MRP and DRP concepts, as well as experience with Power BI and Demand Works. They also must be exceptionally proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (V-lookups and pivot tables).). Experience with NetSuite or related ERP system is necessary. The employee must demonstrate proficiency with NetSuite within 90 days of hire. The employee must be highly proficient in written and verbal communication in English and be highly proficient in math and analytical skills, excellent negotiation skills with vendors and customers, and display a solid background in inventory management, customer demands, and contract manufacturing.
Work Hours: The position is 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, in a hybrid office/remote setting. Time of initial start may vary with work hours typically 9am-5pm. Work hours and shifts are subject to change depending on operating business conditions and needs.