Leading Surf / Skate Brand in OC is looking to bring on a Buyer to their accessories team!
Hybrid – x2 onsite
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for meeting planned sales, margin and inventory turnover goals, and for their designated areas.
• Develop and instill focused merchandise assortment strategies and inventory management.
• Must have brand development and product development.
• Supervise, coach and develop Associate Buyer, Assistant Buyer, and Administrative Assistant (with a fully developed department).
• Partners with Allocation, Marketing, and Visual teams to ensure correct execution of assortments in store.
• Monitors performance versus plan to identify trend opportunities.
• Manages all aspects of the merchandise offering-selection, negotiation, promotion, and disposition.
• Develops customer driven assortments that support departmental goals and key item focus.
• Provides collaborative guidance, direction and support to the planning organization in the development of financial merchandise and key item plans.
• Ensures the merchandise selection matches customer needs.
• Ensures merchandise mix balances quantity, style, size and price consistent with the company and individual market requirements.
• Attend relevant trade shows, markets and events to observe market trends, gather product information, selects merchandise, and establishes business relationships with viable vendors.
• Visits stores to evaluate merchandise mix, observes competition, weighs individual store needs and translate findings into executable product plans.
• Develops and maintains relationships with vendors.
• Maintains company’s standards and code of ethics both inside the organization and when dealing with outside vendors
• Partners with the Planner to complete accurate forecasts by evaluating financial information, current trends and anticipated market changes that impact buy decisions and strategies.
• Ensures promotional execution accuracy (pricing, signage, etc.)
• Proficient in the use of Excel and MS Word.
• Strong merchandising, product, and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated leadership and decision making skills.
• Retail math literacy and application of concepts to daily operations.
• Detail oriented and organized.
• Must be able to communicate in a professional manner and respond with timeliness.
• Resourceful and able to research problems and recommend solutions.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Trend and fashion awareness with ability to understand current trends, competition and market.
• Ability to reprioritize projects frequently.
• Independent, self-motivated, team player.
• Able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management.
• 2-3 years experience with Product Development
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• 5 years minimum of retail Buying experience in department store or specialty store chain required.
• 2-3 years experience with Product Development.
• High School Diploma required.
• Bachelors Degree from a four year college or university preferred; or four years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.