5 DAYS A WEEK IN OFFICE NO EXCEPTIONS
STRONGLY PREFER CANDIDATES WITH A FASHION APPAREL BACKGROUND
All candidates must sign an NDA. Relocation assistance might be available BUT NY Area residents strongly preferred.
This position is responsible for overseeing the finances of the company, including historical reporting, budgeting & forecasting. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker and effective adviser to ownership.
Position Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Prepare and determine timing of payment for accounts payable, and approve customer credit terms, negotiate borrowing terms
- Prepare budgets and trend reports
- Experience with M&A
- Track record of experience dealing with treasury functions and banking relationships.
- Monitor effectiveness of control procedures and reports back to upper management through reporting and recommendations.
- Provide advice and guidance to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop dashboards and related reporting tools for upper management.
- Oversee annual and quarterly tax reports
- Prepare and review balance sheet and comparative income statements
- Provide financial reports to management monthly
- Maintain a qualified accounting staff
- Answer questions and troubleshoot issues on a daily basis regarding customers, vendors, and employee transactions.
- Participate in key decisions with the leadership group
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Manufacturing, distribution experience preferred.
- Experience managing treasury function and managing banking relationships
- Leadership and credibility
- Experience developing strategy, monitoring results and mitigating business risks both financial and non-financial
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in accounting. CPA preferred.
- 12+ year’s relevant experience.