Job descriptionOur client, a Gaming Company, is looking to add a Communications Director to their team for a full time permanent position. Reporting to the VP, Brand Marketing the ideal candidate has experience managing teams and PR campaigns globally, a minimum 10+ years of public relations experience in the gaming industry and the ability to work in a fast-paced highly visible role across the company with teams in the US, UK & Japan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and mentor the Communications team based in the US & UK to execute PR campaigns throughout the lifecycle of a product and/or franchise
- Determine and manage direction for all public and media relations activities with the goal of continually garnering positive visibility for the company and products
- Establish and report measurement KPIs across product campaigns and branding initiatives
- Partner with Events team & supervise the planning and execution of press events and tours
- Work closely with executive leadership, to oversee the strategic direction and implementation of external communications for business initiatives
- Respond to issues and able to recommend and implement effective crisis communications
- Collaborate with internal departments to coordinate interviews, obtain product materials, information, and approvals to ensure strategies/messaging are aligned
- Manage agency and budget for PR / Communications initiatives
- Partner with cross-functional departments to identify storytelling opportunities and support issues management, particularly Human Resources & Investor Relations
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years of experience managing communications/PR for high-profile, consumer-facing brands within the gaming/entertainment industry
- 5+ years managing 3 or more direct reports based in international locations
- Superb people management skills with the ability to attract, motivate, retain, empower, and coach communications/PR professionals
- Experience working cross-functionally with employees and managers at all levels within the organization as well as with outside agencies
- The candidate must have established press relationships and a portfolio of successful earned media campaign coverage and analysis
- Ideal candidate will be a creative, motivated self-starter with incredible attention to detail, a team-focused attitude, and a solutions-oriented approach.
- Excellent writing, verbal communication & spokesperson / presentation skills
- Experience working with or at a Japanese company, video game publisher / developer
- Entrepreneurial and a hands-on style with a strong bias for action and results while working effectively in an environment that values collaboration without ego
- Bachelor's degree in communications or related field
Send your resume today!