Our global music brand is looking for a Communications Specialist that will help drive associate engagement through effective communications to Enterprise associates. This will be done through helping to create and maintain an effective intranet, inclusive of developing an editorial calendar, writing stories, sourcing photos and helping to determine layout and design; writing and distributing Enterprise-wide communications; supporting retail communications; and providing content and event support for Enterprise-wide events, such as Town Halls. The Communications Specialist will also assist in the development of content for LinkedIn.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
• In collaboration with subject matter experts across the Enterprise, identify, write, edit, publish and deliver impactful communications to target audiences
• Work closely with the SharePoint team to fully develop and utilize intranet design and functionality
• Support internal events, such as Town Halls
• Additional duties as assigned To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
• 5 years of relevant work experience (in addition to degree or years of previous experience)
• Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
• Working knowledge of and experience writing and editing in AP Style
• Basic understanding of audio, video, graphic design and/or photography production
Our client embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to craft lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
Why join us?
With a career with us, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music. Love this gig and want to apply? Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.
All employment decisions are based on valid job related requirements. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening.
fulltime freelance (40/hrs a week)
onsite 4x a week in Westlake