Our client is looking for a Communications Strategist for their rapidly evolving Internal Communications team.
You will join us at a time when we are designing the future of how we communicate and connect with our Retail Store, Contact Center, and Retail Support employees globally.
This role is part strategist, part account manager, and part writer…
As a strategist, you live and breathe the audience and customer — from behavioral insights to ways of connecting. You know every communication has a goal and desired outcome. You are the master of crafting the strategic approach, not just tactics. Framing the problem and fueling teams to get to the solution. You synthesize large amounts of information into key insights that are compelling. You cut through clutter with plans that put the right information in the right place at the right time for the right person.
You are especially savvy navigating a large cross functional organization. You have a passion for nurturing relationships with business partners and use that rapport to align partners around a vision. Indirect influence is valued and hard to master. When you’re on point, your plans provide the creative team with clarity, leaving no ambiguity about objective and how things connect.
As an editor/writer, you build strong, focused narratives work ranging from seasonal campaigns, product launches, and employee initiatives. You see opportunities for well-timed and inspiring articles, informational posts, engaging videos, in person events and more. Your language, narrative and writing shape the story we want to tell. This is not strategy in an abstract sense, but very much applied via strategic narratives for communications and engagement of regions.
You find the rhythm of a daily news cycle exciting.
• 7-10+ years developing and presenting communication plans and strategies within a media, publishing, PR or advertising agency environment.
• Demonstrated expertise for how audiences consume and experience content and media.
• Ability to ‘look around corners’ and think about the long term needs, goals and strategies.
• Requires strong writing skills that can motivate clear messages and behavior change. Whether writing an article to inform teams on a key development or writing a script that twill inspire new behaviors in our teams. Writing is more than Keynote and Email, but truly crafting the message that motivates and mobilize our people.
• Extraordinary ability to grow internal relationships, work effectively within cross-functional teams and lead through ambiguity.
• Strong learning agility; able to listen, learn and apply insights in changing conditions.
• Proven ability to understand business challenges and formulate effective communications strategies that support the audience needs and business goals.
• Equally strong ability to translate strategies into inspiring and clear spring boards and direction for creative work.
• Strong executional chops, able to go from strategy to ensuring execution is on target and on brief.
• Experience working with international peers to define global communication strategies and support needs of our geos.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Marketing, Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Editorial Writing or related field preferred.