Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools. Mailchimp Design comprises brand studio, design ops, CX design, and UX design.
Content Strategist Overview:
We’re hiring a Content Strategist to join our centralized content strategy team to support a mix of customer marketing and engagement projects as well as content design consulting with our product teams. We’re looking for someone to operate end-to-end across the customer experience, including website, app, and campaign content. You'll partner with small cross-functional project teams, while enjoying the camaraderie and resources of a large design organization of 150+ designers, writers, and researchers.
Content Strategist Responsibilities:
· Collaborate with marketing, research, design, and product teams to understand requirements, identify users’ content needs, and align on business goals
· Develop and communicate content recommendations to project teams, including audit findings, messaging frameworks, experience maps, content models, and product copy
· Advocate for content discovery and planning, and align with other content practitioners to create connected content experiences across the customer journey
· Review campaign touchpoints and deliverables to ensure cohesion and quality through narrative strategy and voice and tone
· Test and refine content based on analytics, user feedback, and other performance data Present work and effectively communicate methodologies to a broad audience, including peers, cross-functional teams, and executive leadership
Content Strategist Qualifications:
· Experience as a content strategist, content designer, copywriter, or related position, ideally in a product-focused environment
· You love to translate complex concepts into content that is clear, concise, and human
· You understand user experience and content optimization principles across channels (web, email, and social media) and devices, including basic IA, wayfinding, and SEO principles
· You have experience working with content management systems
· You are a strong communicator and cross-functional collaborator
· You’ve used Google Analytics or other analytics platforms