Client Overview: We are a new kind of creative content shop, at the intersection of brand, performance, and emerging media. We’re a joint venture between two large media groups that combine storytelling and agile production capabilities with best-in-class strategy and media expertise. We collaborate with brands who want to innovate and produce breakthrough campaigns that earn attention and inspire action, providing brand & content strategy, full-service creative production, influencer marketing and consumer engagement (community management and CRM).
Our Content & Creative team is made up of passionate, culture-forward creators and thinkers who are obsessed with unlocking unspoken truths across people, culture, and business to inspire cutting-edge creative, content and influencer/creator campaigns.
The role of the Creative Director is to power its creative competency from idea to execution. The Creative Director is an avant-garde leader, and robust creative thinker. They will conceive and pitch novel concepts, and present polished, strategic creative in collaboration with the wider team (Influencer, CRM, Community Management). They will lead client workshops, brainstorms and tissue sessions. They will ensure that creative is premium and front line, and will provide input across all creative projects. This person will provide input on productions and design projects, and ensure the premium quality of all creative output.
What You’ll Do
• 30% - Strategic Thinking and Concept Ideating
• 20% - New Business Opportunities
• 20% - Oversee and Direct Execution
• 15% - Client Relations
• 15% - Lead & Supervise
• Responsible for managing junior members of the creative team
• Provides actionable, constructive and palatable written and verbal feedback as is necessary
• Keeps team up-to-date with new processes, tools and innovative executions
• Conducts performance reviews and manages expectations of their staff
• Sets expectations for growth potential for junior creatives
Who You Are
You’re culturally switched on and innately curious. You’re a ‘tastemaker,’ and a born leader. You live on the bleeding edge of real world and online culture, and know how to bring others ‘in’ on it.
You can express ideas through verbal and written storytelling paired with curated visuals in ways that people can’t get out of their heads.
You know about the next hyped activation in the industry before it hits the trades, and you move first on all of your original ideas.
You have a realistic understanding of culture outside the four walls of marketing, but understand how to leverage market and industry research to inform net new ideas.
You’ve been around the block, produced shoots, directed videos, attempted to design something, and each time, you learn something new, enhance foundational skills, and push boundaries.
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Exceptional storyteller, mastery of presentation skills with the goal of selling exciting work
• Strong conceptual skills and demonstrated passion for social media
• Culture-first thinker who can extrapolate insights that drive creative work
• High design aesthetic and experienced in design thinking
• Strong observational skills, is able to distill complex creative nuances and explain them
• Experience managing design, production and experiential teams to execute brand content, and experiences (this includes on-set experience, with and without clients on-site)
• Innate curiosity and compassion
• Robust background overseeing video and photo productions
• Advanced PowerPoint and Keynote skills
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects)
We understand the value that different perspectives can bring to our clients and culture, so we strive for an environment where our employees feel welcomed, safe and empowered. We value YOU and believe that your authentic voice and unique perspective allows us to create a more rewarding culture, and experience, together.