Job descriptionClient Overview
Our client is a digital agency dedicated to making global brands shine even brighter through innovative, digital-first communication platforms. They have partnered with blue chip clients like WarnerMedia, HBO, Spotify, OnePlus and Showtime, to name a few. The team is packed with award-winning designers, writers, motion artists and editors who treat every assignment as their personal passion project. From the entertainment industry to health and wellness— they consistently push the limits of what’s possible for their clients.
Creative Director Overview
As a Creative Director you’ll own the vision and conceptual direction of, and set the bar for our work. You should be a strong communicator and bold leader – unafraid to challenge assumptions, and to push our teams and partners into uncharted territory. You’ll drive the work, and develop creative hands-on from proposal to production.
You should possess a strong understanding of digital platforms and design for cutting-edge experiences across web, products, and social – particularly in the entertainment space. You’re a strong communicator, capable of a level of articulation and storytelling suitable for driving concepts home.
Creative Director Responsibilities
- Conceive, articulate, and drive creative concepts from pitch through production
- Lead and contribute to a range of projects from fast-paced daily deliverables to large tent-pole campaigns and strategies
- Inspire, mentor, and direct a team of designers, producers, and writers
- Craft presentations and campaigns that shatter expectations
- Define and evolve standards for ideation and creative processes
- Own and communicate a creative POV that sets a high bar
- Champion our standard and process for attracting, developing and retaining premium creative talent
- Provide PMs/Producers guidance and validation on resourcing needs for allocated clients/pitches/projects
Creative Director Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably from a design school), or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of creative experience, some within an agency or in-house, producing breakthrough creative
- In-depth Entertainment/TV/Film experience
- Expert level design and/or writing skills
- Intimate knowledge of creative standards across modern platforms/technologies and keen interest in emerging design/writing trends and creative technologies.
- Passion for working with client leaders and presenting creative in an engaging way
- Agency business acumen
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams internally and externally to drive great creative
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Experience working with writers, strategists, technologists, and producers
- Experience managing and mentoring creatives
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States