As Creative Director, your job is to inspire, direct and control the quality of the creative output from the company to ensure we continually produce innovative (and hopefully award-winning) creative solutions that turn the heads of marketing leaders and decision makers from the world’s leading B2B tech players across the region on international regional and local level.
About the role
Leading, developing, shaping and growing an already established creative team, you’ll work closely with the Creative Strategy Director (collaborating with strategists and experts from other business areas and regions) to champion and drive the use of the company’s proprietary attention getting methodology, applying strategy informed creative thinking to every client challenge and brief. This methodology is our promise as well as our proprietary methodology and process. It’s designed to empower creative thinking that generates the type of big ideas that inspire the best creative responses and outputs. The kind of creative that can carry a big idea all the way through from concept to every potential expression, regardless of platform, channel, format or role in the customer journey.
This role requires strong creative vision and leadership – the ability to balance the demands of being a senior manager whilst still being a senior ’hands on’ creative - helping the team to translate human insights into head-turning ideas that deliver business success for some of the world’s biggest B2B tech brands.
Whilst you may not have come from a purely B2B background, you will understand the role of technology in communications and engagement, and you will have a high level of awareness of current industry trends and human behavior (across B2B and B2C), as well as a strong PoV about what does and doesn’t work and a genuine passion for pushing the role of creativity in B2B marketing.
And, whilst creativity is core to this role, you will also need to be a natural communicator and presenter, open and inclusive, take responsibility for leadership and have proven design experience and expertise.
About the individual
A creative thinker and thinking creative… this Creative Director is an experienced senior creative (from an art background) who thinks not only creatively, but strategically.
An individual who thinks outside the box - and beyond the obvious - as part of the way they operate. Someone who has a strong sense of curiosity and self-belief but also empathy. You’re the type of individual who embraces divergent thinking and the diverse ways that creative can help to solve the client’s challenge.
Someone who wants to get inside the client’s business or the target audience’s headspace to truly understand the business problem, rather than jumping straight to thinking about the what the creative solution might look like.
You will be someone who doesn’t just accept a brief, but who is brave enough to question and challenge it and who is prepared to defend the creative direction that they have set because they know that these will deliver head turning, award-winning solutions that can be measured in terms of business success. You will be a naturally confident communicator and leader.
Comfortable collaborating with strategists, liaising and negotiating with client services, building close relationships with senior clients, mentoring, managing and mediating your own team and line reports as well as optimizing the quality and efficiency of the companies' Creative output.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• A creative thinker, comfortable originating head-turning ideas and taking them from conception through to delivery.
• Staying abreast of trends in our clients’ sectors and industries.
• Collaborating with strategy directors and planners to formulate the right marketing solutions.
• Leading creative ideation sessions to generate Turning Heads ideas.
• Overseeing the creative and artistic vision for our key client accounts.
• Working at a senior level with global brands to develop and deliver connected experiences in diverse but appropriate formats, mediums, platforms and touchpoints.
• Managing the creative process from concept to completion.
• Leading and directing the creative team in the production of all creative deliverables.
• Working closely with multidisciplinary project teams where necessary.
• Taking the lead in presenting creative concepts and solutions to clients and internal teams.
• Reviewing work, troubleshooting and providing feedback to creative teams.
• Overseeing client pitches and proposals.
• Overseeing profitability, deliverables, timelines and budgets.
• Being actively involved in hiring and on-boarding of creative team members.
• Nurturing and managing performance and professional development of the creative team.
• Ensuring that all completed work is of the highest quality, effective and consistent with the creative strategy, client brand guidelines and objectives.
• Coordination of end-of-project reviews to establish base practice, key learnings and new ways of working.
• Working collaboratively with the Regional Management Team, Creative Operations Director and other leaders to ensure smooth running across the studio. Inspiring continually greater levels of creativity and engender a sense of pride and passion within the creative team Creative Director Requirements Solid agency experience having worked at a minimum of Design or Art Director level Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite
• A strong portfolio with evidence of working at ideation level for diverse clients
• Strong management and interpersonal skills
• A great eye for detail
• The ability to articulately present and defend creative work
• Able to collaborate with senior stakeholders
• Excellent leadership, organization, and analytical skills.
• Good collaboration and communication skills.
• Great time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to resolve complex design and communication issues.
*compensation package for this position consisting of salary, commission and performance-based bonuses.*