Job descriptionPOSITION SUMMARY: The Demand Planner position will improve the overall performance of the company supply chain by understanding key operational processes and driving continual improvement through metrics and departmental accountability. The analyst will also be instrumental in guiding the company to achieve sales and profitability targets by developing analyses and providing data-based recommendations.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Compile, analyze, validate and interpret data from multiple sources and create succinct reports that will be reviewed regularly by executive management to identify opportunities, drive actions and determine resource needs.
• Align with the sales team on areas of opportunity and success and provide timely recommendations. Provide detailed reviews of customer sales data, sales trends and SKU performance to bridge gaps in the plan.
• Assess and effectively communicate actionable demand insights to supply chain partners to guide inventory investment decisions and determine potential production capacity constraints.
• Develop and manage the WIP level materials forecast and provide the respective projections to sourcing partners to build raw material and production plans.
• Continuously monitor sales, inventory, orders and WIP production status to ensure demand and supply alignment without the burden of building excess inventory.
• Collect and analyze operational data and create effective metrics to measure operational performance, emphasize the importance of inter-departmental accountability through root causing (service misses) and drive completion of continuous improvement projects in collaborative, cross-functional teams.
• Support end-to-end new product introductions by leading the projections process using historical data, current sales trends and incorporating strategic initiatives. Subsequently prepare SKU productivity analytics to assess the effectiveness of the strategy.
• Responsible for preparing and publishing the monthly S&OP report to share operational KPIs and drive alignment of resources to business initiatives with the management team and key business partners.
• Facilitate inter-departmental cooperation through relationship building, knowledge sharing, training and coaching to maximize the effectiveness of analytics to achieve the consensus forecast.
• Work with department leaders to develop report templates to compile and document metrics and maintain process continuity.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s Degree 3-5 years of Forecasting and/or Planning experience
Ability to present complex concepts with actionable recommendations across varying levels
Expertise in using Excel and BI tools to analyze large datasets
Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities efficiently within time constraints
Strong follow-up and issue resolution abilities