Denim Designer (Relocation Required)
1. Creative Vision
2. Strong Individual Contributor: Creative, skilled designer who develops and delivers innovative, brand right products which meet lifestyle category and consumer business unit needs in cross functional work streams.
3. Competitive Positioning: Owns creative aesthetic from concept to consumer for all product and assortment needs. Researches emerging trends and styles and key influencer markets to strengthen brand image and maintain competitive positioning against key brand consumer targets.
4. Brand Consistency: Ensures all assortments deliver consistent color, trend, and creative direction across targeted lifestyle to ensure brand positioning and brand equity objectives are intact.
5. Style Ownership: Review and critique prototypes presented by product development. Discuss and strategize style changes and line enhancements with Merchandising.
6. Issue Resolution: Review samples and resolve outstanding issues with design and costing. Troubleshoots product development related problems to maintain calendar deadlines.
7. Market Ready Presentation: Manage the presentation of the collections to Sales and Merchandising. Provide seasonal direction to ensure vision is executed in the market.
8. Visual Design: Lead the direction for styling and product cues, as well as seasonal guides for visual merchandising for all channels.
9. Fabric and Fit: Leverage centers of excellence concerning all matters of fabric and fit.
10. Special Makeup: Respond to key account assortment needs beyond initial seasonal line to maximize account opportunity.
Skills for Success:
1. Skilled at managing teams with Design, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, CAD, flat sketching skills, and tech packs
2. Knowledge of fabric construction performance, and any specific processing and treatments relevant to
3. Understanding of global sourcing of fabrics
4. Knowledge of product costing and product cycles
5. Strong collaborator
6. Excellent presentation and story-telling skills
7. Proven ability to translate trends to specific targeted consumer needs.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3+ years experience in leading creative vision for a brand and product category.
• People management experience, including leading a design team
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in fashion or apparel design