Our client's mission is a dedication to bringing industry back to Manhattan's historic garment district, respect for the art of garment making, and fair treatment of the skilled artisans who create them. The garments are developed and produced exclusively in New York City and has been lauded by the press and has graced inspiring women including Kirsten Dunst, Oprah Winfrey, Taylor Swift, and Alexa Chung. The brand's identity has been established through feminine silhouettes, intricate detailing and extraordinary fabrics.
Our client is seeking an individual who is extremely organized and detail oriented, excellent in communication and time management for a temp to perm position. Strong garment construction knowledge and experience in high-end bridal or evening wear development is required. Made in NYC experience is required. Must be able to work on a small team and take on many responsibilities.
- Create fabric layering mock ups and sewing samples to help select final fabrics, linings, and finishes.
- Create detail sheets from original sketches to be given to pattern makers and sewers with construction callouts and all relevant finishing and design details.
- Design original prints and embroidery layouts.
- Create cut tickets for muslins and final samples and complete packages with all fabrics, trims, linings to be passed to local factories.
- Lead development fittings by organizing development muslins and samples from in house and outside factories.
- Document all design changes by updating sketches, detail sheets, cut tickets and cutters musts.
- Manage an in house team of 1-2 full time sewers by scheduling their workflow based on order of priority
- Manage the small in house team to develop collections from start to finish.
- Work with local factories to construct muslins and original samples with high end finishings.
- BA or BS in Fashion Design
- In depth knowledge of high end garment construction
- Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator on MAC
- Proficient in Adobe Fresco on iPad
- ** Must be fully Vaccinated against Covid-19