Our client, is looking for a Designer to join their team. This position is temp to hire, fully onsite in City of Industry.
Pay: $40 - $60/hr dependent on experience.
· Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season, review emerging trends and shapes, and research local markets.
· Collaborate with the design team to create mood and inspiration boards to showcase new trends, inspirations, materials, and silhouettes.
· Research market trends and styles, ensuring comprehensive product and competitor knowledge and communicate knowledge as necessary through written and verbal presentations.
· Partner with Merchandising to develop commercial components of each collection. Ensure that product is consistent with market trends and adheres to the codes of the Brand and the business strategy.
· Bring passion, creativity, energy, and inspiration to the team; possess the credibility to influence with conviction.
· Uphold design integrity and high-quality execution throughout the entire development process from concept through to market.
· Be a creative innovator, leading to both commercial and creative success.
· Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season, review emerging trends and shapes, and research local markets
· Prepare all necessary components for design presentations, such as sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation
· Collaborate with other Apparel Designers and various cross-functional teams and maintain strong business relationships with external partners
· Lead sample review sessions, provide recommendations, note feedback, and update sketches as necessary
· 3-5+ years minimum experience with a fashion wholesale brand in the US
· Contemporary/advanced contemporary experience
· Technical knowledge of fabrics, silhouettes, prints, colors, and trims
· Proficient with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
· Strong sense of style and color and exceptional taste level
Apply today with resume and portfolio!