Job descriptionClient Overview
Our client a world-renowned Cosmetics, Skin Care, Bath & Body and Fragrances line. Their innovative and iconic products are sold in department stores worldwide.
Digital Art Director Overview
The Digital Art Director will partner closely with, and report into, the Executive Director of Content. This role will be responsible for concepting and executing creative content for 360 campaigns, from collaborative ideation, to design development and presentation of creative strategy, through to final execution for application across all digital touchpoints. The Digital Art Director must be a highly creative individual with extremely strong executional skills and experience in managing a team. Must be hands-on, flexible, driven, and be a team player, with passion and a positive attitude.
Digital Art Director Responsibilities
Concept & execute creative content for 360 campaigns: photo/video shoots for digital and social, including all pre- and post- production, on set art direction (both on-model and still life), ensuring accurate visual expression of campaign launch strategy and brand representation
Work with ED and Design team on strategy and application of creative content across all digital and social channels: strategic intent in application of assets, hands-on execution of templates, cropping, new strands, etc.
Develop strong communication patterns which build relationships and trust with cross-functional partners
Brand Equity Champion; build and maintain Brand Equity across all digital and social channels.
Understand key business and strategic objectives and support from Creative standpoint
Anticipate needs to quickly identify solutions
Ensure all work released from the Design Studio meets Creative standards, both conceptually and in execution and holds true to the brand DNA.
Inspire the team and encourage a positive and collaborative environment.
Partner closely with the ED, Design team on all points
Collaborate with all members of the Creative Content team.
Partner with cross-functional teams, both Global and Regional
Digital Art Director Requirements
- 5-7+ years of work experience preferably in the agency / beauty / fashion / photo industry, with 2+ years of that experience at an digital designer level.
- BFA or BA degree from four-year college or university (preferably in Graphic Design, Digital Design, Advertising or a related field).
- Ability to manage freelancers as necessary
- Must be organized, passionate, collaborative, energetic, positive, self-starter, strong interpersonal skills
- Must be hands-on and able execute projects independently
- Willingness and ability to be reactive, flexible, and resourceful under tight deadlines
- Must have fashion, photography, beauty, design experience
- Strong understanding of branding, marketing, advertising, packaging, digital
- Encyclopedic understanding of social media platforms and products
- Strategic, big-picture thinker with ability to produce highly conceptual work
- Strong sense of visual style — photography, design, typography, graphics, etc — with an understanding and appreciation of luxury / prestige
- Must have strong understanding of photo process: from concept through to final retouching
- Strong knowledge of animation a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment