Our client, a growing beauty brand has an immediate need for a highly collaborative Web Designer to join our Digital Web Design team. The ideal candidate should have an eye for a clean and artful design and is able to translate high-level requirements or wireframes into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs. The ideal candidate needs to be able to multi-task and work on multiple brands simultaneously. This is a 3 month remote contract (40 hours a week) with potential to extend. Must be able to work PST hours if located in another time zone.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and update responsive website designs that adheres to our brand’s style guides for consistency and cohesive user experience
• Work with UX/UI and ensure smooth functionality for desktop and mobile
• Work closely with the Web team to translate analytical data into design elements for optimization and also provide website design requirements upon design handoff
• Work effectively with the Creative team to gather required graphic design and content for all website design tasks
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently in a deadline driven environment
Experience and Skills
• BA/BS preferred or equivalent experience
• Advanced knowledge of Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite: with a focus on Photoshop
• 3+ years experience in design for both web and mobile (non-native) applications
• 3+ years of web and graphic design experience in an e-commerce, corporate, or agency setting.
• Well-versed in latest web design trends, best practices and web technologies
• Very strong design aesthetic and refined typography skills.
• Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to prioritize tasks with quick turnaround time, demonstrating strong workflow management and communication skills as well as proven success collaborating with multi-functional teams
• Experience in beauty industry a plus
• Team oriented and self-motivated
• Portfolio required to be considered