Job descriptionDIGITAL DESIGNER
We’re excited to be hiring a Digital Designer to join our in-house design team! You’ll be an essential part of our team working on improving the digital presence of our five major beauty brands. We’re looking for someone to design and deliver high-quality assets and content for all our digital strategies, from our .COM’s and Amazon to email and beyond.
We are looking for a team player who thrives in a very fast-paced environment - who also loves all things beauty! You’ll get a chance to be part of a dynamic team and bring your creative ideas and meaningful solutions to the table where it will have a major impact on our business. You must have an exceptional eye for detail and be comfortable communicating the rationale behind your design choices.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Ability to design within and enforce our brand's visual/branding design guidelines on all platforms
- Work in collaboration with Digital Design Director to execute a variety of UX-focused digital campaigns and projects across desktop and mobile, including site mockups, site banners, landing pages, and emails
- Clearly communicate original concepts, personas, content strategy, information architecture, wireframes, prototypes, all the way through final production
- Work to optimize and see opportunities within our branded websites and Amazon experiences and ideate templates and designs to see it through
- Ideate and design wireframes, high-fidelity mockups and assets for product pages across all platforms, keeping the user experience always at the heart of our designs
- Work with all sales channels to decipher consumer needs and prioritize creating technical designs that are visually exciting, easy to use and emotionally engaging across different platforms
- Ability to work on all aspects of design including quick comping, animated gifs, banner resizing, image searching, photo retouching, in addition to delivering a polished design solution
- Work closely with Creative Team leadership (Digital, Post Production, Art Direction) to ensure effective usage of designs and templates.
- Collaborate with Copy Team to ensure effective messaging and communications within our Digital Products
- Help oversee additional external design/ecommerce agencies and maintain our design standards and expectations
- Partner with our Email Marketing teams and third-party agencies to ensure a strong UX and Storytelling presence through branded flows and campaigns.
- Create mood boards and presentations to update team on digital and UX trends within the beauty industry
- Must have the ability to work in-house at our offices in NYC
- Degree in Design, Graphic Design, UX preferred
- 1-3+ years of proven UX and/or digital design experience
- Expert level Figma and Adobe Creative Suite knowledge
- A strong understanding of layout, UX/UI best practices and fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of current web development best practices and web production techniques
- Must be detail-oriented and organization obsessed
- Highly collaborative with excellent work ethic to produce deliverables within a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to work seamlessly between departments and any external business partners.
- Previous beauty industry experience
- Retouching experience with product/model photography
- Experience working within Shopify and their best practices
- Experience with Shopify apps