Job descriptionWe are partnering with a National Telecommunications Company to help find a Direct Mail Manager to work a hybrid schedule in Beaverton, Oregon.
This role will also contribute to CRM efforts (remarketing, winback, cross-selling other products/services, time-sensitive customer communication, etc.). This will be a key position within the marketing team, requiring strong analytical, project management, and collaborative skills as well as demonstrated aptitude for managing the details. Understanding of analysis (i.e. how to review campaign results) and suggestions on improving future campaign performance will be expected.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, disciplined, detail-oriented and passionate marketer that enjoys managing marketing communications, and can work with minimal supervision. This is an outstanding career opportunity to contribute significantly toward a key growth driver for the company and our industry-leading products.
This role will work closely with the creative team, outside print vendors, and analytics partners, among other key internal/external stakeholders, and will lead the strategic direction across all Direct Mail campaigns.
To be successful as the Direct Mail Manager, the ideal candidate will have multiple years’ experience managing complex, multi-cell direct mail campaigns within a leading direct response marketing agency and/or worked in an organization where these marketing disciplines were highly critical and visible.
This role requires a candidate that is a self-starter, extremely detail-oriented, comfortable with multi-tasking, and willing to adapt to a fast-paced, and growing environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop, execute, analyze all Direct Mail campaigns with a close eye on achieving KPIs
• Manage a calendar of all direct marketing campaigns - work with the vendor(s) on the work back schedules to ensure timelines are met, communicate delays and facilitate contingency plans as needed
• Lead day-to-day coordination of multiple third-party partners including agencies and external data providers to ensure timely completion of campaigns
• Collaborate with creative team on deliverables for all Direct Mail drops
• Partner closely with IT, call centers, and web team for offer fulfillment
• Create and maintain yearlong creative testing roadmap for all direct marketing campaigns
• Introduce new variables to test to improve overall response rates: creative, offer, inserts, envelopes, lists, etc.
• Negotiate rates with vendors and identify cost-savings initiatives
• Analyze campaign results, deliver findings and provide recommendations for future initiatives
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with longstanding partners to seamlessly launch campaigns
• Drive Direct Mail best practices within the marketing department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field strongly preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience in Direct Mail planning and/or buying
• Seasoned professional with experience in leading and executing complex, multi-variable direct mail campaigns for new customer acquisition – email experience is a plus
• Excellent database marketing skills is required
• Strong experience in Direct Response media reporting and analytics
• Working knowledge of credit bureau data is preferred
• Ability to use Excel to forecast and analyze campaign metrics is required
• Experience with managing USPS postage: CAPS, EPS, Permits, Mailer IDs, etc.
• Positive experience working with external agencies, data providers, consultants and media platforms
• Demonstrate ability to think analytically, solve problems, make decisions and use sound judgment
• Ability to multi-task in a high volume work environment and meet multiple deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational and project management skills
• A self-starter with strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work and stay connected with various internal and external cross-functional teams
• Excellent oral and written communication skills