Job descriptionDirector, Creative Services Overview
The Director, Creative Services, is responsible for all creative projects related to physical touchpoints that are produced for our client's brands in the US Region and oversees the operations of the creative design and production. Beyond overseeing all physical creative projects, the Director also ensures that the brand visions and standards are applied by everyone involved in the creative process throughout the organization. Leads concepting and execution of creative assets across physical and in-store touchpoints. The Director, Creative Services plays a strong role in ensuring the brand visions and DNA is upheld through assets, graphics & visuals. This position brings innovation and creativity with a dedicated focus to the following areas: visuals for POS (lightboxes, duratrans, posters), in-store experience, event visuals, gift set packaging, training materials, all print-work and specialty items. This must be a highly creative individual with extremely strong understanding of both 2D and 3D, and exceptional executional skills. Must demonstrate an elevated sense of aesthetic in-line with luxury and prestige industries.
Director, Creative Services Responsibilities
CONCEPTING, DESIGN & PRODUCTION
- Create proposals/renderings for all new campaign concepts/designs for print and in-store
- Extensive image & creative inspiration research: competitive brands, art, fashion editorials, packaging, architecture, installations etc.
- Creative ownership for all print assets: responsible for creation stylized photography, layouts, cropping, copy, and translating these visuals for use in-store for merchandising units, light boxes (Duratrans), packaging, window design, and event visuals.
- Cropping and retouching of global assets for US markets for print and in-store
- Create branded communication tools (internal and field)
- Update the creative guideline as needed. Distribute to agencies and vendors to ensure standards are upheld related to print and in-store
- Ensure consistent omnichannel story-telling consulting with experts for digital touchpoints
- Production coordination between Marketing, Communication, Advertising, social media, Digital Marketing, Visual Merchandising, outside agencies, photographers, printing vendors and Creative department.
- Oversee the management of the creative agency for print and in-store. Includes management of briefing, scheduling, and revision process to meet objectives and develop all elements leading to successful promotions/programs. Participate in internal and external omnichannel creative briefings. Attend bi-weekly creative and production meetings.
- Maintain network of creative personnel - art directors, graphic designers, photographers, models, stylists, hair stylists, makeup artists, printing vendors etc.
- Develop relationships with vendors that deliver creative excellence and enhance the value of our work.
- Oversee production process to ensure timely delivery and consistent brand execution is maintained.
- Identify the scope of each project and take responsibility to ensure that all aspects of a project are completed according to plan, timeline, and budget.
- Manage Seasonal Creative Calendar. Oversee the calendar and development of creative projects to guarantee timely completion of marketing materials. Coordinate the workflow and communication between all parties involved in the various stages of the planning, development, and execution of the creative project.
- Take initiative to follow up with each party regarding their progress to ensure they are on track and able to meet their deadline. Be prepared to offer creative solutions, alternatives when problems arise.
- Build strong working relationships and instill trust with team members, cross-functional partners, and outside vendors
- Responsible for all vendor communication including timing, quoting, and color approvals.
- Understand key business and strategic objectives and support from Creative standpoint
- Anticipate needs/obstacles and be able to quickly pivot and identify solutions
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS/KEY STAKEHOLDERS
- This position reports into the VP, Creative
- Collaborate with all members of the Creative, Store Design, Visual Merchandising, Marketing and Digital teams
- Partner closely with outside vendors: printers, post-production agencies, installation vendors, illustrators, photo agencies, mechanical artists, etc.
- Collaborate with all areas of the company to ensure high quality and consistent brand execution is maintained.
- Manage and develop direct report
Director, Creative Services Qualifications
- BFA/BA with focus in Design
- 8+ years related experience, preferably in the agency / beauty / fashion / photo industry
- Must have appreciation and passion for modern design and strong sense of visual style — photography, design, typography, graphics, etc. — with an understanding and appreciation of luxury / prestige
- Must bring innovation and creativity to the table
- Must be highly organized, passionate, strategic-thinker, collaborative, energetic, positive, self-starter, driven, demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Must be hands-on and able to execute projects independently from start to finish with detailed sense of accuracy
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment: willingness and ability to be reactive, flexible, and resourceful under tight deadlines