Job descriptionJob Description
As new pharmacy clients are welcomed to OptumRx, the new client implementation team offers a best-in-class onboarding experience that is powered by strong governance and project management. Our Health Plan Implementation team is a separate and distinct division that handles our most sophisticated new Health Plan clients. The Director, New Client Implementations will be an individual contributor with responsibility for overall governance of the implementation and oversight of the Senior Implementation Project Managers assigned to the client, and reports to the Sr. Director, Health Plan New Client Implementation. As a key member of the health plan implementation leadership team, you will have key responsibilities to work closely with other Directors to drive new processes and create custom solutions to drive efficiency.
For the new clients that are assigned to your team, you will own the overall strategy for maintaining client satisfaction, establishing client expectations (in accordance with client contracts, agreed upon enhancements), and communicating these expectations with functional leaders. In addition, you will be responsible for developing custom client delivery plans, ensuring consistent execution that exceeds our clients’ expectations, and managing the client relationship.
You will have significant responsibility and active engagement with all operations and account management leaders across the OptumRx organization to deliver on our promises and handle escalations throughout the implementation process. In this role, you may also have the opportunity to participate in the sales process for new clients, this includes reviewing and preparing RFP responses, attending prep sessions and participating in finalist sales presentations, consultation relations, and capability demonstrations.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
• Serves as a key leader on the Health Plan Implementation team. In addition, leads training efforts for new and existing team members, and serves as role model.
• Partners with Client Executives and key business stakeholders throughout the implementation process to develop and execute strategic client plan that addresses client’s business needs (current and emerging), supports growth, provides value, and increases client engagement and loyalty.
• Establishes, cultivates, and manages the customer relationship at multiple levels, (executive suite to solution owners) serving as a trusted business advisor / partner to the client and to key internal stakeholders within OptumRx.
• Supports client growth by serving as a resource for Account Management for growth initiatives with existing clients.
• Serves as escalation point to assist with the engagement of cross functional client teams on the delivery of services, escalating issues where necessary and driving resolution.
• Partners with functional teams accountable to deliver against client requirements and expectations.
• Serves as key lead in managing client implementation performance guarantees to ensure all project measures are successfully met.
• Ensures Client Satisfaction and client willingness to serve as a reference.
• Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
• 6+ years of experience working with health plans
• 6+ years of Implementation or large healthcare project management experience
• 6+ years of executive experience working with senior and C-Suite executives
• 6+ years of plan management experience with Medicaid and Medicare and Health Care Exchange
• Excellent written, oral, and active listening communication skills. Demonstrated ability to message, position, and present information for maximum customer impact and influence
• Strong experience in influencing internally and externally with soft power, driving cross - functional collaboration, and negotiating win - win solutions
• Proven ability to ascertain client needs through active listening skills, and consultatively work with clients to achieve business objectives
• Effective skills for navigating and driving results across operations, network, and clinical domains in a highly complex, matrix environment
• Experience working with complex health care solutions (e.g., outsourced health care solutions) required
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• Master’s Degree
• Project Management Professional Certification
• Pharmacy Benefit Consulting experience in the Health Plan market segment