Job descriptionOur client is looking for a Director of Compensation to join their AMAZING team!
ALL APPLICANTS MUST LIVE IN CALIFORNIA TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB
- Partner with members of the Total Rewards Team on the management and delivery of compensation practices and programs.
- Ensure our programs are aligned with company values and strategy while informed by the market.
- Perform as the lead compensation partner for assigned organizations, working with business leaders on new benchmarks, offers, and internal equity.
- Analyze and interpret relevant market data, and develop recommendations for updates to job architecture, salary structures, bonus targets, and equity targets as appropriate.
- Create salary structures for multiple office locations to align with the company’s compensation philosophy.
- Perform analysis of equity program including market review of targets, and projected equity usage modeling.
- Contribute to developing comprehensive communications and training materials to ensure our compensation programs are well understood and valued by managers and employees.
- Partner with the People Operations team to maintain job architecture in our HR system.
- Work with various team members to build processes and create tools to improve efficiencies.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team on external and internal offers.
- Work with HR Business Partners team on compensation-related topics.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- 8+ years relevant compensation experience.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills including statistical analysis and modeling.
- Experience in benchmarking positions and participating in compensation surveys.
- Ability to build strong partnerships, and communicate complex work in a clear and concise manner across a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrate a high level of ownership, confidentiality, and attention to detail.
- Enjoy working with data and driving continuous improvement through building tools to increase efficiency.
- Persuasive and clear communicator.
- Experience providing recommendations to client groups during compensation planning cycles.
- Flexible, organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable working with ambiguity.
- Expert Google Sheets and/or Excel skills.
- Bonus points for experience with Workday, Radford, or Croner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.