Job descriptionOur client is looking for a strategic, creative and results-oriented leader to join their Corporate Marketing & Data team. This individual will oversee existing engagement programs including email, push, and SMS, as well as lead the effort to establish new programs including loyalty, reactivation, and new products/programs in their customer experience. This role will work closely with Analytics, Performance Marketing, Communications, Product and Product Marketing, and Technology teams to identify and understand key fan segments, map and optimize the customer journey at every stage, and delight and reward their customer base.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and execute a lifecycle engagement strategy and long term vision to convert non-purchasers, drive repeat sales, build loyalty, increase lifetime value and reduce churn by engaging customers with the most targeted, relevant, and helpful content at each stage of the customer journey Map and optimize the end-to-end customer journey
- Work with internal teams to identify places in the customer journey where customers disengage, then develop strategies to pre-emptively identify, win back and retain those customer through a robust test and learn agenda
- Drive marketing automation and technology strategy along key axes - delivering email and in-app messaging, A/B testing, deploying dynamic creative, and facilitating triggered marketing.
- Partner with Analytics and Data Science to perform customer analysis, segment customers into meaningful and actionable cohorts, conduct A/B and multivariate tests, optimize reporting infrastructure, track and analyze performance, and communicate out results
- Using segmentation and behavioral data to personalize and optimize each customer's discovery, purchase and post purchase experience.
- Partner with Performance Marketing to leverage CRM data in paid marketing channels, including, audience targeting, dynamic ads, remarketing lists, etc.
- Interact with top management to communicate plan and strategies that will impact the organization
- Manage, mentor, and develop the marketing teams and work together to enhance the end-to-end marketing processes, including concepting, creative, onboarding, triggered/transactional, and ad-hoc campaigns.
- Degree in Business-related discipline 8+ years of engagement marketing experience across areas including email, CRM, loyalty/rewards, SMS, push, direct mail, fan segmentation, social media marketing and promotions in a B2C environment
- Results-oriented with an exceptional track record of developing profitable engagement marketing programs and meeting and exceeding performance objectives.
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to manage, mentor, and develop high-performing and highly engaged teams.
- Understand how best to optimize for mobile and desktop experiences (desktop, mobile responsive and in-app marketing) and have experience creating app campaigns for Apple and Android devices
- Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently, while also able to build strong internal relationships and build consensus on critical initiatives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; comfortable leveraging large amounts of data to drive decisions and a passion for continuous testing and optimization.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously and prioritizing time and resources based on business impact.
- Passion for delighting and advocating for customers and an intimate understanding of how and when to influence customer behavior
- Prefer candidates with experience in an agile development environment.