Director of E-commerce Overview:
The Director is responsible for running, growing, and optimizing all ecommerce-related business functions across three websites. You are also responsible for maintaining the budget and P&L for all e-commerce activities and presenting performance reports to management. You are goal-oriented, data-driven and a highly entrepreneurial professional who can take the company to the next level by keeping up with best-in-class competitors and ensuring the online experience and branding is aligned with other channels.
Director of E-commerce Responsibilities:
- Lead orchestrated strategy of digital store through merchandising, content, design, marketing, innovation, and operations to drive additional traffic and sales
- Manage business performance by tracking and analyzing sales information and site metrics to identify new opportunities to increase sales and site conversion
- Develop plan for and manage all ecommerce ROI marketing programs including the areas of SEO, paid search, retargeting, display ads, email marketing, affiliate marketing, syndication of content into paid channels etc
- Create and maintain the budget and P&L for all e-commerce and related operations, marketing, and sales
- Execute trend analysis, monitoring and competitive benchmarking. Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly KPI reports
- Partner with Digital Content Manager and Digital Experience to build excellence on site content, experience, and functional enhancements
- Present budget, strategy, and monthly business reviews to C-level executive management.
Director of E-commerce Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years previous experience in e-commerce or digital marketing with a strong track record working in the digital space.
- Amazon Marketing experience is a plus
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience interpreting test results & drawing conclusions
- Entrepreneurial drive and inclination towards omni-channel