Job descriptionDirector of Key Accounts Overview
The Director of Key Accounts will contribute to shaping and leading the execution of a winning growth strategy in the US ensuring market share and rank gain. You’ll also act as the lead for the US Key Account Management (Partnerships) Team establishing sales targets by account and by channel.
Director of Key Accounts Responsibilities
- Develop robust 360° strategies to exceed both net and retail sales goals, profitability and over deliver against key performance indicators across the region.
- Ensure consistent always-on programming for heroes and NPL pulling all levers to execute winning launches.
- Negotiate incremental secondary exposures and consistently challenge the status quo to test and learn with retailers to gain share and rank.
- Spearhead accurate forecasting Demand Planning and monthly analysis for the US.
- Track and analyze sales performance at a granular level to identify opportunities and risks.
- Review and revise monthly sales plans to ensure US sales are on track and trending forward.
- Leverage market, retailer and customer insights to identify white space growth opportunities.
- Develop customized market strategies and plans for new account and channel expansion (eg. Travel Retail)
- Own key account P&L’s reviewing progress and assessing performance and ensuring all targets are met.
- Play a key role in the integration of the Field Team in the US ensuring they are equipped with the right strategy, building blocks and sales plans for key accounts.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships among key internal cross-functional partners.
- Collaborate with the sustainability and social impact team and diversity, equity and inclusion team to incorporate our approach into department strategies and decisions.
- 5+ years of people management and/or leadership experience is required.
- Relevant education OR equivalent work experience in market management or relevant business management.
- Excellent business and financial acumen and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, managing conflicting priorities and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated understanding of the functional beauty market, particularly in the US.
- Sephora or Ulta experience is required.