The Director of Operations is a critical role that will lead the daily operations, including Planning, Warehouse Operations, HR, Finance, E-Commerce, and Technology. The Director of Operations will function as the key leader for workflow management, new initiatives, process development, hiring, and training and culture building, including the leadership of a high-performing and growing team. In addition, the position will interact regularly with senior client stakeholders, establish, and monitor organizational KPIs, and will work directly with the senior leadership team to drive the strategic direction of the business.
Key Results Area Time Allocation
1. Operational & Financial Strategy 30%
2. Product Strategy 20%
3. Logistics & Warehouse 20%
4. E-Commerce & Technology 15%
5. People Management & Leadership 15%
6. Total 100%
1. Operational & Financial Strategy
• Spearhead the development of operating procedures, KPIs, and goals for each leader within each department.
• Define and deploy KPI's for the organization, making sure internal and external processes are established.
• Motivate organization to surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business objectives.
• Transform strategy into actionable business objectives and goals for performance and growth to fulfill organizational goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning.
• Oversee the inventory and planning strategy to optimize for stock levels, speed, and margin.
• Partner with the CEO in setting and driving organizational goals, operational strategy, vision, and staffing needs.
• Fiduciary responsibility to the company including driving growth and ensuring profitability.
• Drive the creation of the annual plan, including top line, margins, operating expenses, net income, EBIDTA (3-month process in partnership with CEO and Controller).
• Evaluate where and how net income can be improved.
• Lead monthly business review process including pitching new business solutions through analysis.
• Review all financials with Finance monthly, including reforecasting from top to bottom. Call out issues in advance so we can pivot strategy and communicate company goals to the team.
2. Product Strategy
• Oversee key aspects of development and production of all product categories.
• Work with Product Development to ensure costing is in line with margin goals and approve all final decisions.
• Manage Production to diversify sourcing and engaging quality vendors.
• Ensure on-time shipping and quality production including the implementation of vendor score cards and rewards.
• Partner with design and production on product development related to sampling and sourcing.
3. Logistics & Warehouse
• Lead and manage all warehouses (Hesperia, Italy 3PL + HK 3PL).
• Oversee inbound and outbound flow and ensure Warehouse Team is staffed properly.
• Add new processes as business changes including new processes, streamlining existing process and staffing according to growth goals.
• Review all freight forwarder invoices and categorize to proper GL in partnership with Finance.
• Strategically lead operational strategies by empowering the organization to achieve KPIs through excellence in merchandising, manufacturing, logistics, and excellent customer service.
• Oversee seasonal inventory counts 3xs a year.
4. Ecommerce &Technology
• Lead the strategy and sourcing for the backend technology solutions for the organization, including the evaluation of new software and vendor providers - negotiate deals and contract terms and oversee the implementation.
5. People Management & Leadership
• Lead the development, communication and execution of effective growth strategies and processes.
• Development of strategic staffing plans that align to business needs and growth in partnership with HR and Finance.
• Strategically lead company operations by building high performing teams while ensuring team members thrive and organizational goals are met.
• Lead bi-weekly leadership and Warehouse meetings, separately.
• Lead weekly Production, Finance, Planning, Sales, Customer Service and E-Commerce meetings separately.
• Attend Ready-to-Wear Product Development meetings to problem solve and find valuable solutions related to company calendar.
• Meet with HR weekly to discuss organizational development, job descriptions, hiring and budgeting, benefits, etc.
• 10 years of experience in operations in women’s fashion.
• Operations and manufacturing experience required.
• Must have a positive attitude and outlook and results driven.
• A natural leader with an understanding of personal leadership style and best practices.
Well-rounded, strong experience in innovation and P&L management.
• Proven background in scaling an inventory-based business.
• Experience in DTC, E-commerce and Wholesale required.
• MBA strongly preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of the industry and brand landscape.
• Experience working with a high performing team in a fast-paced environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, and written skills.
• Highly developed leadership skills with the ability to build, lead and develop a team and effectively lead change management.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate region needs as well as provide the team with a clear framework of the strategic priorities.